It runs smooth but when monsters are near it slow down

Vampire96

edited: (for better explanation)

i'm pretty good w/ the hardware requirements and all that, except the windows 64 OS requirement.

My current display card is Radeon HD5570 2GB, and my other card is NVDIA 9800 1GB both cards use DDR3 and have the same problem...

here's how i tried the game so far. i've done a couple of long distance tweaks (from lows up to maxed out) and it works fine. w/o monsters, but when a possible combat scenario or an aggressive NPC/Monster, it seems to slow me down, but not them. i mean it skip frames when ever they walk.

i need someone to confirm my thoughts, before buying into something i don't need.

so i'm thinking i don't have a display problem in regards to frames per sec.

so the only thing i can think of as a possible solution is to install windows 64bit or higher, or try and re-install everything including my OS but it works flawless on ultra high w/ fallout 3 :(

Edited by Vampire96

If you are using an on-board sound chip, you might also try a separate sound card. The "Quiet Feet" mod helps a lot, especially with integrated cards, but moving the sound off the motherboard reduces the strain still further.

Also, if you do a bit of digging around, there's a problem with EAX sound on Windows 7 (it's not natively supported) but some of the card manufacturers have released patches/new drivers to allow EAX to work, and if you select a card with an available patch it can improve in-game sounds a lot.

oh darn. i haven't thought of that. i'll just buy a sound card. i've been wanting to have a one, w/ a really good sound quality cos i'll use it in my recordings to, now it has a new purpose. i didn't realize until i saw your post, thanks guys :)

oh darn. i haven't thought of that. i'll just buy a sound card. i've been wanting to have a one, w/ a really good sound quality cos i'll use it in my recordings to, now it has a new purpose. i didn't realize until i saw your post, thanks guys :)

That probably won't solve all of your problems. Although your video card has a lot of RAM, it's other specs are not so good (I have no idea why they made a 2GB VRAM 5570 card, when it's GPU-Clock and Memory Clock will drag down performance and make the extra GB near useless).

You should also post your other specs. The video card is not the only component relevent to gaming, what CPU do you have? How about what hard drive? What RAM (and how much)? What motherboard? Etc, etc.

You should also post your other specs. The video card is not the only component relevent to gaming, what CPU do you have? How about what hard drive? What RAM (and how much)? What motherboard? Etc, etc

ok, here;

Computer:

P5KPL-AM

Intel® Pentium® Dual CPU 2.20Ghz (just found out thatthe 2.8 is probably the "other" pc i have... duh)

2GB of RAM

Operating System:

OS MS XP Home Edition SP3

Sound:

AMD HD Audio Device (built in device)

Disk Drive(s)

I'm using a 1 Tera Byte External Hard Drive and 150 GB Internal Hard Drive

Video:

Radeon HD 5570, (they don't have any stock for 1GB, I know the card won't be able to use all 2GB sad huh)

Power Supply:

GE-P450P-C2 (Gigabyte 450W) (used in my 9800 that has a burned out IC...)

---

@ MOTOSXORPIO

i'll try to tweak that setting, till i got the sound card & post what happen.

Your PC is comparable to mine, I get 35-40 in most exterior cells. ;)

Its definitely a sound problem, i tried putting in all kinds shadows with low resolutions. i still don't have problems other than the thunderous sound my opponents make, but after doing what you said (disabling those ini options) it worked, but w/ a very low sound quality, and w/ a little chance it sometimes skip frames even in combat, its very tolerable like 0.2 - 0.5 sec.

i'll still buy a new sound card, any suggestions for best cheap sound cards? coz i don't know new sound cards other than ESS 4CH & CMI 6CH, those are the current stuff in the price list of a local shop (and that's the best one near home, and i'll try googling it).

Edited by Vampire96