ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Bullet Time Mod - not working, help

SK796

I've tried everything i can think of, even done a complete uninstall and reinstall and manual installation but the Bullet time mod by registrator2000 just won't work for me :'(

Is the mod working for anyone else? has anyone else had the same issues? Help.

I'm doing everything i can at this point to avoid contacting the author.

This mod is working for me, although I have had a little trouble trying to bind it to the VATS key and I've just gone with putting it in favourite slot 1 instead until I get the time to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Here are some likely problems I can anticipate as to why it's not working.

• Have you downloaded Fallout 4 Script Extender?
  • Are you launching the game using the F4SE Launcher rather than just running it normally? (If using NMM you need to go to the start game button in the top left and from the dropdown menu select to start F4SE instead of just starting Fallout.)
  • Are you running the lastest versions of both F4SE and Fallout 4 as F4SE is not compatible with earlier versions of the game?
  • If the items aren't appearing in your inventory, have you used the console to search for them (try 'help time 0' and look for something starting with ALCH on the list) and add them to your inventory?
  • If you start the game as a new game, the objects get added to your inventory in the pre-war segment and are then removed when you enter the cryochamber in vault 111, requiring you to re-add them by the above method.

That's about all I can think of without any more information, but those are the most likely causes of problems.

Why? He is probably the one who could help you the most. That's the reason why you can post issue reports on the mods' pages. Edited by wax2k

Why? He is probably the one who could help you the most. That's the reason why you can post issue reports on the mods' pages.

I heard that it's general etiquette to do everything i can before contacting the mod author, and instead of wasting his time another poster helped me. (It turns out in this case I was the problem, but it's better for someone else to make me realise that than waste the mod author's time)

This mod is working for me, although I have had a little trouble trying to bind it to the VATS key and I've just gone with putting it in favourite slot 1 instead until I get the time to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Here are some likely problems I can anticipate as to why it's not working.

• Have you downloaded Fallout 4 Script Extender?
  • Are you launching the game using the F4SE Launcher rather than just running it normally? (If using NMM you need to go to the start game button in the top left and from the dropdown menu select to start F4SE instead of just starting Fallout.)
  • Are you running the lastest versions of both F4SE and Fallout 4 as F4SE is not compatible with earlier versions of the game?
  • If the items aren't appearing in your inventory, have you used the console to search for them (try 'help time 0' and look for something starting with ALCH on the list) and add them to your inventory?
  • If you start the game as a new game, the objects get added to your inventory in the pre-war segment and are then removed when you enter the cryochamber in vault 111, requiring you to re-add them by the above method.

That's about all I can think of without any more information, but those are the most likely causes of problems.

Thank you so much! i tried using the console before to try and add the items but i'm a little new to the console. i only knew to add the 4 with 'help XXX 4'; so what does the 0 do? or is there a general guide you could direct me that helps a lot with console commands and finding items in general?

Also, what exactly does the script extender do? i have it now, but what's it for?

Again thank you so much for your quick response :smile: :smile:

Edited by SK796

Thank you so much! i tried using the console before to try and add the items but i'm a little new to the console. i only knew to add the 4 with 'help XXX 4'; so what does the 0 do? or is there a general guide you could direct me that helps a lot with console commands and finding items in general?

Also, what exactly does the script extender do? i have it now, but what's it for?

Again thank you so much for your quick response :smile: :smile:

You're welcome, I'm glad I could help.

There are some good console guides out there, quite a lot of different ones actually and I often find myself looking at different pages to see what each one has in case it offers something new. However I find in general the Fallout4 wiki to have one of the better and more comprehensive guides.

I use 0 because I'm too lazy to find the correct option each time I want to search and 0 just searches in all categories, it's not the best option but I haven't put in the time to making selecting the right one a habit. I probably shouldn't encourage this as it's a terrible habit but it's how I usually end up searching in the console.

I'll try to explain what the script extender does, but it's a very advanced program and a lot of exactly how it works goes over my head. I can at least provide my understanding of what it does and how it does it, however this might be wrong in the technical details. It's enough information to get by as a user of the program though.

The script extender is something that has existed for most Bethesda games. The vanilla game includes just enough scripting functions to do what Bethesda needs, however they've got a lot more access to the game's base infrastructure than us modders do so sometimes rather than doing something through scripting they just change the default game itself. For mods to be able to duplicate the kind of things that the game itself can do (like keybindings for example) it needs a little more options in the scripting system. Fallout 4 Script Extender adds these options in for modders to use so that their scripts become more powerful and capable of changing things that you normally couldn't do with a mod.

Until GECK comes out F4SE is one of the only ways of changing some things and even when GECK is released, modders will still need to use F4SE to enhance what their mods are able to do. Having this installed means that you'll be able to use a lot of the more intensive or complicated mods when they are released. Just make sure to keep it updated to the latest version, especially right now since it's an experimental version with so much of Fallout 4 unknown.

It is required for the Bullet Time mod as this mod uses some of the enhanced scripting functionality in F4SE to make it work.

Also the script extender has frequently included patches that improve the functioning of the basic game. The Skyrim script extender after version 1.7 for example started fixing some of the memory allocation problems that caused crashes to desktop while playing Skyrim.