In terms of humanity, where are we headed?

Keanumoreira

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neither. Same state of constant entropy and fighting against it it's always been in.

Traditional path huh? No worries on the current wars or gas prices? Could be another French Revolution on a Global Scale should the people become unruly.

Without getting too heavily into this topic Keanu, there is an old and very true maxim which states (paraphrasing here) that if we do not learn from our history we are destined to repeat it.

I have always believed that there is a certain pendulum swing to the way things go with politics anyway. As far as humanity in general I have always been a bit more hopeful. But we need to be paying more attention to our history if we want to make serious inroads. I'm not sure that we all are doing that. I'm hoping that young people such as you are keeping your eyes open to what is going on in the world and learning how history has had an impact on it.

You can, in fact have a major impact on the future if you so desire. It starts with treating one another as equal human beings...

Without getting too heavily into this topic Keanu, there is an old and very true maxim which states (paraphrasing here) that if we do not learn from our history we are destined to repeat it.

I have always believed that there is a certain pendulum swing to the way things go with politics anyway. As far as humanity in general I have always been a bit more hopeful. But we need to be paying more attention to our history if we want to make serious inroads. I'm not sure that we all are doing that. I'm hoping that young people such as you are keeping your eyes open to what is going on in the world and learning how history has had an impact on it.

You can, in fact have a major impact on the future if you so desire. It starts with treating one another as equal human beings...

I agree with you Granny, and yes, I know a lot about history and am well aware of events in the world. Just ask A. History, IMO, is the most important subject to have in school. How can we hope to fix the future if we don't look at the past? History is just that: the study of change. Many of the great thinkers of the past (Voltaire, Locke, Laude) looked to the past and changed our future. Before I took my AP European class, I had no idea how complex and shocking our world really is. When you learn what brought us here, it is both fascinating....and also....quite disturbing.

I agree with you Granny, and yes, I know a lot about history and am well aware of events in the world. Just ask A. History, IMO, is the most important subject to have in school. How can we hope to fix the future if we don't look at the past? History is just that: the study of change. Many of the great thinkers of the past (Voltaire, Locke, Laude) looked to the past and changed our future. Before I took my AP European class, I had no idea how complex and shocking our world really is. When you learn what brought us here, it is both fascinating....and also....quite disturbing.

Would be nice if our politicians would figger this one out though.... seems they want to keep doing the same things, yet they expect different results......

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke (attributed)

This is the way we're headed...mainly because the people that would do good are either drowning in Civil Liberties ("Yes I did punch him in the face, but he broke into my house, Your Honour."), or just don't bother because there's usually someone waiting to jump on them for doing so ("Never let a good deed go unpunished."). :facepalm:

We are going down like a airplane about to crash land. The question will be whether we can land safety or die in a fiery crash.

On a plus side I could say that we are expanding and learning so many new things that will lead into a new age of enlightenment. Either way, there is only one way to find out.

Edited by brokenergy

I think we as a species need to redefine ourselves.

We need to set politics and religion aside.

As to where we are heading, same thing different day.