I dont think there should be a Fallout 5

Hexxagone

Dunno, I kind of like how it works.

Always has been like this, in FO.

Quite odd: I use MoreSpawns, HarderOpponents or something like that, I only save once I am at the end of my gaming session, and now the game to me is satisfying.

Then some want the exact opposite, like an Uber-Wuss Mode, or something.

Having everything handed to them.

I just can't get what the fun in that is...

Guess, there's something wrong with me.

But, you can always use pre-made bat files for Perks, you can mod yourself into actual God state modus.

I mean, if you do not like it as is, then change it.

The tools are there, for one there's Console.

Here's a decent list: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_4_console_commands

Just saying, you're not tied to however the game starts/works...

Kids want console commands to just win. Fallout fans want fallout stories, fallout game, not CoD. Being forced into the same old good vs bad and having the world mostly painted in black and white doesn't stand. Furthermore, making the game as non-offensive as possible is serving to the dumb-down.

The perks do force you into certain way, unless you want to play severely handicapped. And the ways are either "kill all and don't look back" which forces you into weapon skill tree, or "let's play minecraft" which forces you into the minecraft skill tree. You wanna be a wasteland doctor? Nah. Wanna be a sneaky-bricky assassin? Eh, it don't work that way.

In the end you just take whatever the hell game wants you to, and deliver the awful same line in 4 ways that you have available.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the first step would be putting in a level cap, as it stands there is no reason to worry about choosing a perk because you can choose them all. Gopher made a video where he talks about a lot of the perks being traits, and I agree. I understand in game recognition of a players perks is impossible because of the sheer number, but special stat checks in conversation would have been nice. I also feel a lot of perks can be rolled into 1 like the cowboy/grunt perks from FNV.

Why does the cap bother you? No level cap is normal.

How about removing HP increase? It would feel the same no? I limit myself to level 50 and stop taking perks after.

Level cap bothers me because it makes builds pointless unless you impose some self restrictions. I get that a lot of people like the power gaming of a 100% maxed out character, but I find the idea of getting your character to god mode just ridiculous, and defeats the point of a character build. Take Skyrim for instance, it has a soft level cap and a hard cap at 81 in vanilla, which is fine because you only level skills you use; it's not perfect, but it respects your skill choices. FO4 on the other hand throws xp at you like candy on Halloween forcing you to either take the perk you don't want or pretend you aren't leveling up. In FNV I always took Logan's Loophole simply to stop getting xp at 30 even though my character never used chems, it would have been nice to have something similar in FO4.

You really not used to this aren't you? How it a build pointless? Yes you can expand them, but you re not forced too.

Just stop taking perks and improving your spacial at level 30-50. Did this with many builds and it legit. At least till an uncapper and level zone tweak comes out.

Rebalancer has an esp file that stops HP up at level up If you want.

You really not used to this aren't you? How it a build pointless? Yes you can expand them, but you re not forced too.

Just stop taking perks and improving your spacial at level 30-50. Did this with many builds and it legit. At least till an uncapper and level zone tweak comes out.

Rebalancer has an esp file that stops HP up at level up If you want.

No I'm quite used to Bethesda dumbing..um I mean streamlining their games. Builds are pointless because outside of charisma there is no recognition of your character choice in skills. TES at least makes the effort to pretend your build matters by assuming that a mage will join a certain guild and a warrior will join another, FO4 on the other hand will say that character with 10 intelligence and all the associated perks "isn't a scientist." This game requires far too much imagining things in game don't exist and then calling it RP. By that logic I can play Arkham Knight and pretend I'm Tony Stark.

I mean, it just you CRPG guys are so odd.

I have gamed for more than ten years in all kinds of games across the systems, met all sort of people, did all sort of stuff and you guys are the oddest to me still.

I mean, what wrong in limiting your build in any way? Why do you feel forced taking perks and making a build just because there is no cap? Why it wrong to RP your combat style, hoarding tactics, RP your handicap and many other things? Why do guys don't even know what RPGs are? And why are you peeps so alike?

As I said before I always used Logan's Loophole, because of this I always had my character planned out for 30 levels as to exactly what perks I was going to take without the need for any self restrictions. I can't speak about anyone else but for me I like when a game forces hard choices on me for what skills to choose and imposing self restrictions doesn't have the same impact because the choice being made is me choosing to ignore the game world, it feels very meta to me. I don't know if I have conveyed my point well or not, I respect your opinion, and I hope this new survival mode is as hardcore as they are making it sound.