I dont think there should be a Fallout 5

Hexxagone

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Point is: they ARE there, prop or no prop, and thus became "lore" in FO4.

An impossible one, as I explained, atm.

I can't think of the fact someone figured them to be a good prop, being them in game would mean they were allowed into there.

Thus, in theory, there is reason behind this.

Where's the rest, I wonder.

You new to Beth games? They are so inconsistent it's not even funny.

True, I'll give you that...

I think we can be grateful there are no such things as Ghoul Dino's...

God I hope they will not consider that a good idea... :sad:

You better be happy if there's no zombi DLC in the happy tradition of BL or CoD.

In NV we're shown that people largely forgot what fish are, despite them being right there, in the lake next to the dam. Why are there so many mutated dolphins dead and decomposing on the shore? One word - props. Whoever had that idea never thought it further than "cool dead animals being dead and looking menacing". Though, maybe one of the DLCs is going to go further in with the Lovecraftian car and give us a cthulhu based sea DLC. Who knows.. maybe someone or smth is killing them nasty fish.

Other animals - varies with region. The entire lore is mostly vague about this, focus being mostly on humans and society, not environment (for that, we know it's been bombed to hell and back).

That simple, they just didn't see fish before.

Sounds dump, but really possible.

I said this as well, about rhe lack of RP and general interaction with dwelling people of different factions.

But the environment could use a fix as well, IMHO.

By that I mean the vaults, they are FAR too small as they are.

Add more explorable areas, different creatures, sewer systems, just explorable "dungeons".

I do agree. I was kind of disappointed when I found out there is no big subway and sewer system beneath Boston. It would be nice if there was. And I think it'll make a good DLC if they add it, with a nice quest line or a new faction maybe.

They are limited to the RL Boston, and it just odd to have stuff pop suddenly. Beth cares more for their landscaping to allow such oddities.

Kind of odd yeah, but not a bad change in my opinion. You could just start a new game and it'd be in the world from the start.

How about hidden tunnel network?

That would be very nice too. Just more locations beneath the city and maybe a faction or two.

I wish they'd sell the IP to Obsidian. For all the "loving attention" Bethesda puts into world design, they: A. Don't get a s*** about realism at any level B. Don't understand the difference between absurdist humor and intelligence-draining camp C. They've never really understood Fallout D. They aren't even trying to make RPGs anymore.

I really hate the open sandbox design. Roleplaying isn't about exploring, nor is it about combat: it's about choice, and dialogue and good storytelling. Bethesda has never told me a good story, and with Fallout 4 it's very apparent they never will. And they won't even let ME tell a good story with their world. The SS is not in any way my character.....in a couple of years from now when I come back to this game and modders have made it into something of a RP, I feel I have no choice but to play man named Nate.....who is so deep in PTSD and evil army psychological conditioning all he feels is recoil when killing HUNDREDS of people. I have to play the male because someone without combat training is DOA, I have to play a semi psychopath based on the reactions and (lack of) choices the character is capable of making, and I can't do anything sidequest related until he meets Father.....which actually gives a good excuse to get the character shitfaced and off to Far Harbor.

There are so many things they could have done with this game, with this setting, and they choose the worst, least innovative, most by the numbers decisions possible.

I don't want Bethesda to make a Fallout 5, and I definitely will not play it. I got scammed for the last time: I will not buy a Bethesda game again.

I really hate the open sandbox design. Roleplaying isn't about exploring.

Erm, I'm not sure whether to shoot, or nuke you...

Fallout 1: exploration was a primary thing.

Fallout 2: see fallout 1, and add exploration.

So, excuse me, but, exploration isn't a thing in FO series?

What did I miss, and where?

In fact, lad, there is not ENOUGH explorable s#*! in FO4!!!

But this was covered afore.

What I do agree with is the fact that RP is missing in virtually any and all forms, save for a few conversations that actually matter.

I really hate the open sandbox design. Roleplaying isn't about exploring, nor is it about combat: it's about choice, and dialogue and good storytelling

Then you are not looking for an RPG, but a novel or story game.

All RPGs expecr very few have combat in one form or another, they started with it in your grandpa days with table top games. And combat can really reflect your character, hit and run, sneaking, using beasts, robots, bombs, drugs, going head on with cane, going crazy hacking things and so much more.

And it doesn't make sense to tie a genre to quality.

They aren't even trying to make RPGs anymore.

*CRPGs*

There are many forms of RPGs, many have set main characters and don't offer any choice whatsoever expect in combat. If fallout 4 had no quests expect the main quest, no choices expect combat and forced a part at you, it still a legit RPG. Just not a cRPG, games that offer RP and choices.

Don't get a s*** about realism at any level

It an RPG, it should not be a RL sim.

in a couple of years from now when I come back to this game and modders have made it into something of a RP, I feel I have no choice but to play man named Nate.....who is so deep in PTSD and evil army psychological conditioning all he feels is recoil when killing HUNDREDS of people.

Oh come on.

All you need is:

Voiceless.

Quests mods that have no combat like some in-game.

A start mod.

A mod that changes some quests in-game or disable scenes and main quest. They are all fairly do-able.

And you don't have to kill anyone.

If a quest told you to kill people, say no, walk away or ignore it.

I have to play the male because someone without combat training is DOA.

and I can't do anything sidequest related until he meets Father

You really have to setup your RP game man.

For all we know the wife was a hitman, was in the army and get training, was a cop, learned to fight in the wastes and so many options. And being in the army doesn't mean combat all the time, there were many jobs, docs, nursing, cooking food, fixing stuff, radio, spying and so many jobs.

And you could have ignored your son, said f*** it after few days in-game and made a drug lab in the swamps then went around to fist deathclaws in search of comics.

I don't want Bethesda to make a Fallout 5, and I definitely will not play it. I got scammed for the last time: I will not buy a Bethesda game again.

Even if they changed the lead writer? He is the main problem afterall. All they have to do is change him and that it. There are quests in FO4 that reek of okay to good and branching unlike the main questline he lead.

Have you thought about 4x games like endless and or SRPGs?

Edited by Boombro