CK dropping in April

Userper

Will be fun to actually HAVE player homes instead of just settlements. The Diamond city home is decent enough but don't know why they didnt offer us anymore. Too much focused on settlements, it went from being a nice little feature in the e3 demo to being a big part of the story.

They is more, BOS and institute does offers a bed and chest for you then a room later. RR has beds with PA frame.There is also vault 81 room.

But I will look into making some kind of a wooden shack when the Geck drops, or at least, look into a way to turn off settlements features. So you can build freely at least.

Personally, I see the building feature the best beth has offered in housing, I have always saw their houses lacking one way or another. Now I can make my own in-game easily.

Building in game does not come close to what you can do in the editor.

The editor, with some small changes, is what the devs use to create content for the game. In game, via the workshop, you cannot script containers, display racks, etc. What you can do in game is limited by what the devs have given you to work with. In the editor you have access to everything available in settlement building plus all other game assets to use any way you want to.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know, I do house modding in the Skyrim CK. I did two house mods for myself in the past. I was talking in-game itself by beth.

Personally I don't like auto sorting, displays, and all the fancy stuff myself so I hardly care that base game doesn't have it.

And no, I still can't make some stuff any way I want.

Let say the big riften houses at your left when you go in Riften the first time. They are not complete, the left side of the house has no texture. To have full advantage, you need blender and texture making skills.

Beth building system has it faults, but finding a nice spot and building a shack in-game, expanding it to house my loved ones over the course of the game, growing my own food, defending it from attacks etc all this made my crappy, shanty styled villa feel more homey and more spacial to me than any house mod I have tired in Skyrim, oblivion, FO3 and FNV no matter how pretty or convenient it was. And trust me, I tried many of those.

Edited by Boombro

Beth building system has it faults, but finding a nice spot and building a shack in-game, expanding it to house my loved ones over the course of the game, growing my own food, defending it from attacks etc all this made my crappy, shanty styled villa feel more homey and more spacial to me than any house mod I have tired in Skyrim, oblivion, FO3 and FNV no matter how pretty or convenient it was. And trust me, I tried many of those.

Right. I understand what you prefer and I'm not arguing that you are wrong about that. You know what you like best.

But it is not true that building in game equals what can be done in the editor. The editor allows you to do much more than you can in game. That's a fact, not an opinion about which is better.

It said full mod support is in between the first two DLCs, and i swear if the GECK requires DLC, I'm permanently boycotting Fallout 4 lol

Lol, Beth has made some stupid moves in the past, but I don't think they will do that, the controversy would be massive :pinch:

It said full mod support is in between the first two DLCs, and i swear if the GECK requires DLC, I'm permanently boycotting Fallout 4 lol

Lol, Beth has made some stupid moves in the past, but I don't think they will do that, the controversy would be massive :pinch:

Well i mean, the game itself shocked me with how much they violently gutted from it, so I will not let my guard down for this..but hopefully no more stupid decisions are made with them :S I do not plan to get the DLC though so i hope that mods won't require them like even if the creation tool itself doesn't :3

Will be fun to actually HAVE player homes instead of just settlements. The Diamond city home is decent enough but don't know why they didnt offer us anymore. Too much focused on settlements, it went from being a nice little feature in the e3 demo to being a big part of the story.

They is more, BOS and institute does offers a bed and chest for you then a room later. RR has beds with PA frame.There is also vault 81 room.

But I will look into making some kind of a wooden shack when the Geck drops, or at least, look into a way to turn off settlements features. So you can build freely at least.

Personally, I see the building feature the best beth has offered in housing, I have always saw their houses lacking one way or another. Now I can make my own in-game easily.

Vault 81 was a weird experience to me. It potentially is the only fully functional, good condition vault in the entirety of the Fallout franchise that a player can experience through most of the game and stay that way. I'm used to finding vaults and expecting to find ruins and bad news with what happened to the original occupants.