Fallout 4 Beta Update and DLC, Creation Kit News

SirSalami

In response to post #35259510.

bben46 wrote:

New update - It fixed itself. :whistling: The only update I know of was the daily Steam update. :rolleyes:

Hopefully it stays fixed. I'm not going to mess with it any more - If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

hehehe yessir been there done that. I HATE mystery fix though. It means I cant reproduce it on demand. Could it have been an overlay issue? The new streaming features have messed me up a time or two even without using the overlay in game.

Robert

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"the Fallout 4 Creation Kit is due to release between DLCs 2 and 3"

-_- You would think that would be the FIRST thing to release. I've been holding off replaying the game until some big mods come out.

In response to post #35365155.

Shaitan051 wrote: "the Fallout 4 Creation Kit is due to release between DLCs 2 and 3"

-_- You would think that would be the FIRST thing to release. I've been holding off replaying the game until some big mods come out.

well, to be fair. Every time a major dlc is released, modders get more toys to play with. So, in a way, this helps the first set of mods be better.

In response to post #35365155. #35365730 is also a reply to the same post.

Shaitan051 wrote: "the Fallout 4 Creation Kit is due to release between DLCs 2 and 3"

happyinmyhead wrote: well, to be fair. Every time a major dlc is released, modders get more toys to play with. So, in a way, this helps the first set of mods be better.

well, to be fair. Every time a major dlc is released, modders get more toys to play with. So, in a way, this helps the first set of mods be better.

In response to post #35233235. #35235665, #35238745, #35252665, #35253695, #35255415, #35257020, #35273125 are all replies on the same post.

Mazz123 wrote: The reason why they're holding back on the GECK is because if they released it right now no PC players would bother to buy the 1st or 2nd DLCs because they are easily copied and made into mods. They're dicking us around because they're afraid of losing money.
ShadowPhase wrote: Exactly. Also, a dog that is kept hungry will jump through more hoops than one that isn't.
I hear that Bethesda is going to start providing a jar of Vaseline and ankle hand grips with every game... I can just see the lines backing up to them now.
Astral Nexus wrote: You forgot about the ball gags. Can't f*#@ing wait to try out my Elder Scrolls brand ball gag, mmmm mmmfmfmfm m fmmfm mfmfmfm!!!
Eruadur wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong but the G.E.C.K. for FO3 and NV was also released before the DLC's were released.
To my knowledge nothing was copied out of those DLC's because the G.E.C.K. was released beforehand....

Don't know what you are on about, but what I think you are stating is just silly...
d00m2009 wrote: @Eruadur
This is a really broad issue that stems down to how milking gamers and treating them like s#*! is a legitimate business tactic.

Those DLC are actually concepts that could've easily been done by modders with the G.E.C.K. The build your own robot concept was already done by a modder right here on the nexus! Building your own robots in settlements for defense purposes!

Bethesda is simply refining that idea, sure they may have already planned to do so (maybe) but no one is going to pay for a DLC that is already accessible for free through modding.
Release the modding tools and no doubt before that DLC is released (or announced) someone would've already made a mod where you can build robot companions alongside new version of robots (robobrain, fisto is my fav tho).

Mods that involve capturing creatures aren't original either, that's been done to death in Fallout 3 and NV.

If anything Bethesda is trying to squeeze every last dollar they can out of their fanbase because they can, because they're immune to the people who say, what the f*#@ are you doing Bethesda?
That comes back to the root problem with companies taking advantage of their fanbases. Bungie with Destiny ("Pay for the game twice, and then after two year we will release it again so you have to pay a third time, or don't we don't care"), Activision with releasing the same formula every time which works, Ubisoft with games that have a major part of their content cut for future DLC, Microsoft with Xbox Live subscriptions and poor service, Sony with Playstation with PS Plus stooping to the level of MS because why compete with your competition when you can simply stoop to their level and still make sales?
I can go on for years, bottom line:

TL;DR - THEY WANT YOUR MONEY AND WILL DO ANYTHING TO GET IT, THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU
Eruadur wrote: @d00m2009
Seriously?

Uhm, stop playing games if you don't like the gaming business? ffs...
Just stop whining about it in here please ?

ValdrFireBorn wrote: If you guys really think Bethesda can't create content more enjoyable, polished and in-depth with these concepts than 90 % of modders, you have no place playing their games. With or without GECK, nobody creates stuff possessing more depth. Skyrim's DLC added house building, which itself was already a mod. But guess what? Bethesda's version was better. Dawnguard as well, simply an amazing DLC that shows Bethesda's capabilities. The only thing that would be better than a good ol' fashioned Bethesda DLC would be DLC from Obsidian.
berdie1 wrote: You have got to be kidding me.
1. Of course Bethesda needs to make money. It is a company. It needs to pay all the people who make the games, and all their other employees, and make a profit on top of that. Otherwise it goes out of business and you will not get any more games from them.
2. Bethesda is remarkably friendly to modders. They will even give us the GECK for free. The alternatives are no mods, or mods that are extremely limited in what they can add to the game.
3. We have to wait for the GECK, because Bethesda makes changes to it before they release it. They surely do not bother with that before the game itself is released because they are concentrating on the game itself. In the meantime modders are doing really impressive things without it. I for one enjoy observing the difference in mods before and after the creation tools are released; some modders probably enjoy figuring out just how much they can do even with out the GECK.
4. With so many mods out there, Bethesda could just not bother making DLC for people like you who don't seem to appreciate their efforts. But they do make them, and of course they need to be paid for them, see point #1 above.

Modders make their mods as a creative outlet and a labor of love. Bethesda's employees may love their work, but it is their work. They need to be paid. If you think that means that you are being treated badly, I don't know what to tell you. You are having a first world problem that is created in your own head and is easily solved by not playing Bethesda games at all.

A company wants to make money? Who would have known?

In response to post #35233235. #35235665, #35238745, #35252665, #35253695, #35255415, #35257020, #35273125, #35369995 are all replies on the same post.

Mazz123 wrote: The reason why they're holding back on the GECK is because if they released it right now no PC players would bother to buy the 1st or 2nd DLCs because they are easily copied and made into mods. They're dicking us around because they're afraid of losing money.
ShadowPhase wrote: Exactly. Also, a dog that is kept hungry will jump through more hoops than one that isn't.
I hear that Bethesda is going to start providing a jar of Vaseline and ankle hand grips with every game... I can just see the lines backing up to them now.
Astral Nexus wrote: You forgot about the ball gags. Can't f*#@ing wait to try out my Elder Scrolls brand ball gag, mmmm mmmfmfmfm m fmmfm mfmfmfm!!!
Eruadur wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong but the G.E.C.K. for FO3 and NV was also released before the DLC's were released.
To my knowledge nothing was copied out of those DLC's because the G.E.C.K. was released beforehand....

Don't know what you are on about, but what I think you are stating is just silly...
This is a really broad issue that stems down to how milking gamers and treating them like s#*! is a legitimate business tactic.

Those DLC are actually concepts that could've easily been done by modders with the G.E.C.K. The build your own robot concept was already done by a modder right here on the nexus! Building your own robots in settlements for defense purposes!

Bethesda is simply refining that idea, sure they may have already planned to do so (maybe) but no one is going to pay for a DLC that is already accessible for free through modding.
Release the modding tools and no doubt before that DLC is released (or announced) someone would've already made a mod where you can build robot companions alongside new version of robots (robobrain, fisto is my fav tho).

Mods that involve capturing creatures aren't original either, that's been done to death in Fallout 3 and NV.

If anything Bethesda is trying to squeeze every last dollar they can out of their fanbase because they can, because they're immune to the people who say, what the f*#@ are you doing Bethesda?
That comes back to the root problem with companies taking advantage of their fanbases. Bungie with Destiny ("Pay for the game twice, and then after two year we will release it again so you have to pay a third time, or don't we don't care"), Activision with releasing the same formula every time which works, Ubisoft with games that have a major part of their content cut for future DLC, Microsoft with Xbox Live subscriptions and poor service, Sony with Playstation with PS Plus stooping to the level of MS because why compete with your competition when you can simply stoop to their level and still make sales?

TL;DR - THEY WANT YOUR MONEY AND WILL DO ANYTHING TO GET IT, THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU
Seriously?

ValdrFireBorn wrote: If you guys really think Bethesda can't create content more enjoyable, polished and in-depth with these concepts than 90 % of modders, you have no place playing their games. With or without GECK, nobody creates stuff possessing more depth. Skyrim's DLC added house building, which itself was already a mod. But guess what? Bethesda's version was better. Dawnguard as well, simply an amazing DLC that shows Bethesda's capabilities. The only thing that would be better than a good ol' fashioned Bethesda DLC would be DLC from Obsidian.
1. Of course Bethesda needs to make money. It is a company. It needs to pay all the people who make the games, and all their other employees, and make a profit on top of that. Otherwise it goes out of business and you will not get any more games from them.
2. Bethesda is remarkably friendly to modders. They will even give us the GECK for free. The alternatives are no mods, or mods that are extremely limited in what they can add to the game.
3. We have to wait for the GECK, because Bethesda makes changes to it before they release it. They surely do not bother with that before the game itself is released because they are concentrating on the game itself. In the meantime modders are doing really impressive things without it. I for one enjoy observing the difference in mods before and after the creation tools are released; some modders probably enjoy figuring out just how much they can do even with out the GECK.
4. With so many mods out there, Bethesda could just not bother making DLC for people like you who don't seem to appreciate their efforts. But they do make them, and of course they need to be paid for them, see point #1 above.

Modders make their mods as a creative outlet and a labor of love. Bethesda's employees may love their work, but it is their work. They need to be paid. If you think that means that you are being treated badly, I don't know what to tell you. You are having a first world problem that is created in your own head and is easily solved by not playing Bethesda games at all.
ESJonnez wrote: A company wants to make money? Who would have known?

No doubt bunch of gd cry babies...

In response to post #35233235. #35235665, #35238745, #35252665, #35253695, #35255415, #35257020, #35273125, #35369995, #35379820 are all replies on the same post.

Seriously?

kaobserver wrote: No doubt bunch of gd cry babies...

the people who make games and write stories for one. I dont think money desire directly leads to great creations.

In response to post #35233235. #35235665, #35238745, #35252665, #35253695, #35255415, #35257020, #35273125, #35369995, #35379820, #35405040 are all replies on the same post.

Seriously?

shyahone wrote: the people who make games and write stories for one. I dont think money desire directly leads to great creations.

if bethesda is pretty honest of supporting comunity and modder, they should release geck in time of release. xcom 2 mod kit ship with the game on release, and the firaxis also include what esentially the tool they have for making the game itself.

sorry, but fallout 4 dlc in theory is not better than what modder could ussually do. they lies of patch some bug that eventually force the community to make unofficial patch instead. again a phenomena that sadly unique to videogame industries.

In response to post #35365155. #35365730, #35365740 are all replies on the same post.

happyinmyhead wrote: well, to be fair. Every time a major dlc is released, modders get more toys to play with. So, in a way, this helps the first set of mods be better.

It's actually between the first and second DLC according to the article, so early April or mid-April. Between the second and third DLC would probably have it released in May. Edited by Camonna Tong

In response to post #35233235. #35235665, #35238745, #35252665, #35253695, #35255415, #35257020, #35273125, #35369995, #35379820, #35405040, #35413890 are all replies on the same post.

Seriously?

shyahone wrote: the people who make games and write stories for one. I dont think money desire directly leads to great creations.
aquilacozorav wrote: if bethesda is pretty honest of supporting comunity and modder, they should release geck in time of release. xcom 2 mod kit ship with the game on release, and the firaxis also include what esentially the tool they have for making the game itself.

sorry, but fallout 4 dlc in theory is not better than what modder could ussually do. they lies of patch some bug that eventually force the community to make unofficial patch instead. again a phenomena that sadly unique to videogame industries.

um, nope

majority of mods require DLC to function as they use assets or functions from that dlc