⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Fallout 4 Beta Update and DLC, Creation Kit News

SirSalami

In response to post #34912955. #34953895 is also a reply to the same post.

teemu92 wrote: Would you people stop whining already? jeez, this is why i avoid the F4 steam community hub, i would have thought this place was more down to earth but i quess not, time to steer away from comments here too.
Dreogan wrote: Yeah, the "You're not giving me what I want when I want it so YOU'RE being greedy!" line gets old, doesn't it? Not to mention...unsettling.

The funny thing is that Bethesda is one of the few that does it, and yet they get criticized for it. I see way too many that think that we're entitled to the modding kit. We're not. When it comes down to it, it costs millions (resources, licensing, manpower) for them to release the modding kit.

I'm a big fan of Witcher 3, but I'm still waiting on the modding tools for that. I don't really see too many complaints for that though. According to them, the SDK isn't really mod friendly at all though, so they might still be working on making it user friendly.

Overall, one thing I hate hearing is, "Bethesda shouldn't use mods as a DLC". First of all, even the small DLCs from Oblivion had uses with modding, you know, scripts and such. Second of all, I'd rather have BGS do things, because us modders will have to work around it. It will allow for less conflicts and allow things to be more uniform. Another thing is that Wasteland Workshop and the Automaton DLC were heavily requested features, and I am definitely looking forward to the modding possibilities with them.

Generally though, quite a few of us hate to use mods as a base so we can reach as many people as possible.

Hearthfire had an awesome building base for certain mods like Skyhaven Temple - Recruit More Blades.

To sum things up, I just hate the entitlement and such I see here and other places. Bethesda is a company that likes to make money, and gives us modding tools, which is something they don't have to do. It's something they themselves invest in, and don't have to. It might increase the longevity of the game, but it doesn't help sells throughout. It does on the PC side, and they probably get a couple more million sales because of it, but overall most of the sales are on the consoles. I'm speaking until now, so console modding is definitely a benefit now.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #34912955. #34953895, #34976050 are all replies on the same post.

teemu92 wrote: Would you people stop whining already? jeez, this is why i avoid the F4 steam community hub, i would have thought this place was more down to earth but i quess not, time to steer away from comments here too.
Dreogan wrote: Yeah, the "You're not giving me what I want when I want it so YOU'RE being greedy!" line gets old, doesn't it? Not to mention...unsettling.
Camonna Tong wrote: The funny thing is that Bethesda is one of the few that does it, and yet they get criticized for it. I see way too many that think that we're entitled to the modding kit. We're not. When it comes down to it, it costs millions (resources, licensing, manpower) for them to release the modding kit.

I'm a big fan of Witcher 3, but I'm still waiting on the modding tools for that. I don't really see too many complaints for that though. According to them, the SDK isn't really mod friendly at all though, so they might still be working on making it user friendly.

Overall, one thing I hate hearing is, "Bethesda shouldn't use mods as a DLC". First of all, even the small DLCs from Oblivion had uses with modding, you know, scripts and such. Second of all, I'd rather have BGS do things, because us modders will have to work around it. It will allow for less conflicts and allow things to be more uniform. Another thing is that Wasteland Workshop and the Automaton DLC were heavily requested features, and I am definitely looking forward to the modding possibilities with them.

Generally though, quite a few of us hate to use mods as a base so we can reach as many people as possible.

Hearthfire had an awesome building base for certain mods like Skyhaven Temple - Recruit More Blades.

To sum things up, I just hate the entitlement and such I see here and other places. Bethesda is a company that likes to make money, and gives us modding tools, which is something they don't have to do. It's something they themselves invest in, and don't have to. It might increase the longevity of the game, but it doesn't help sells throughout. It does on the PC side, and they probably get a couple more million sales because of it, but overall most of the sales are on the consoles. I'm speaking until now, so console modding is definitely a benefit now.

I've gotten used to the "Entitlement Era" that we live in now, everything should be free and served yesterday, where things like patience and common sense are non-existant. You just have to /facepalm and move on.

As for Bethesda, I've loved just about every game they've made, and I'll never understand people complaining about their pricing, or methods. They have sold me games for $40-$60 that I have spent 1000's of hours playing and been able to have a place to escape some of life's harsh realities, whereas some games you pay that money for last an afternoon or a weekend.

They also announced they were releasing a game and it was in our hands very shortly there after. I'll take that with a few bugs over some of these game companies that announce a game and 3 YEARS later you're still waiting for it.

I've already gotten my enjoyment from the game and then some, so the CK will just be icing on the cake.

In response to post #34991985.

pussnbootlp wrote: I try it about two days ago and remove it since the load time from the continue screen seem to get stuck. Keep just looping the that screen. I kind of wonder will that have something to do w/ the mod I have w/ NMM is not comparable to the new update.

Funny, Do anyone remember the Fallout4Launcher.exe reset Plugin.txt thing
http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/3516070-fallout4launcherexe-resets-the-pluginstxt-workaround-start-the-game-with-fallout4exe/

It seem like the fix is in conflict with this new 1.4 beta...........

So what exactly makes this compatible with workshop mods? I've noticed a + (plus) icon on any custom items, and the load screen now shows which specific mods you're missing (instead of a generic dialog).

Has the menu limit been fixed for example?

Edited by QuietusPlus

So what exactly makes this compatible with workshop mods? I've noticed a + (plus) icon on any custom items, and the load screen now show which specific mods you're missing (instead of a generic dialog).

Doubt that. IT adds support for DLC, a handful of items, and a bunch of fixes.

In response to post #34993245.

Ethreon wrote:

So what exactly makes this compatible with workshop mods? I've noticed a + (plus) icon on any custom items, and the load screen now show which specific mods you're missing (instead of a generic dialog).

Even if that's the case, why add a + icon on custom items within the workshop? Modded items all have them (like Homemaker), it's a welcome feature but not entirely sure of it's original intent...

EDIT: Some screenshots for reference - http://imgur.com/a/K4FFG (new load screen and workshop icons). Edited by QuietusPlus

In response to post #34993245.

Ethreon wrote:

Even if that's the case, why add a + icon on custom items within the workshop? Modded items all have them (like Homemaker), it's a welcome feature but not entirely sure of it's original intent...

EDIT: Some screenshots for reference - http://imgur.com/a/K4FFG - (new load screen and workshop icons).

Ask Beth.

In response to post #35004165.

Poacher886 wrote: What im most interested in is the proposed Survival mode overhaul, read proper hardcore mode!, that all sounds far more interesting, however the 'only save in beds' function is a serious fail!

I dont always finish my gaming session when its time for Bed!!

Here's hoping they include a drop-able bedroll.