Oblivion White Screen

kit2

Hello everyone,

I'm posting here with a heart full of hope that someone or anyone will help me. Please don't prove me wrong.

I've been playing oblivion for quiet a long now (including mods) and the mods never conflicted.

I try to keep my mods as much sorted as possible to avoid any kind of crashes.

But today when I started playing this problem occurred. I'm adding a screen to make it easy to understand my statement.

I start the game and I see random white screen flickers. I thought it maybe some missing meshes problem so I deactivated all the mods and tried again, but no luck.

I un-installed and re-installed the game and started without mods, but the problem still continues to persist.

I googled the problem that didn't helped.

My specs,

Win 7 ultimate x64

2GB DDR3 RAM

Intel Core2Duo 2.8 GHz processor

nVidia GeForce 9500 GT 1GB GDDR2 with DirectX10 and pixel shader 3.0 support.

It's been like almost 3 months now I've been playing with this rig.

I wish anyone could end my misery.

Respect,

-Nikky

Attaching 2 copies of screenshots, one normal gameplay and 2nd with console turned on..

2nd Screenshot Edited by kit2

That's the 1st thing that came to my mind too. But I already told you, I've been playing on this rig for so long now and without any serious issues...

I hope you've also noticed the exceptional darkness of the sky with the console mode open. That's a new cause I never saw the sky that dark

Please you gotta help me, cause I'm not really an expert in computers and I can't stop playing this game :(

It's the same even after reinstalling and playing with no mods, then sounds more like a hardware/driver issue. You didn't do anything like update your video card driver maybe? Or changed some video settings, either in the game or in nvidia's driver software?

I'd try omeletted's advice, or even something as simple as trying out a different monitor. It doesn't sound like your game is the issue. :unsure:

Good Luck :)

Yeah could be an Oblivion shader issue. Make sure that when you uninstall Oblivion, you clean out the folder you're installing to as well. Just delete the whole Oblivion folder to be safe. A mod may have added custom shaders, and left it there even after Oblivion was uninstalled.