Personal Hygene mod

SignorNessuno

I know that this topic may seem strange or weird. But every time I explore the wasteland, I notice several bathrooms, many of which are either destroyed or in good condition. So I wonder: why we can't use them, not only to "drink" and restore HP, and get some radiations sometimes. I mean for what is been built: a toilet for the biological needs, and also the possibility of using the shower for the first time.
I know it sounds strange, but every time I think about it, I'm thinking this: During the Cold War who were "exposed" huge amounts of radiation had to pass at a decontamination chamber which provided for the use of showers. He had to constantly wash until the Geiger counter reached minimum levels.
Furthermore, the human body, gradually fails to expel some of the radiation portions via sweat, urine and feces. I know it's disgusting but true: the human body tries to expel foreign bodies and waste in our bodies that can compromise our health every day.
So why not introduce these two functions in Fallout 4 for the survival mode?
Of course eating and drinking is important, but I think that taking care of our personal hygiene is another step for survival in the wasteland.
In the game I think it would be interesting to use, because if not controlled such as lack of food, water and excessive radiation can bring to death. So it makes more sense to go to the bathroom, use toilets, sinks and showers anywhere. As long as the water is potable and of course free of radiation.
But I also think of a "lack" of food. I know it's weird, but for those who wouldn't be cannibals, I think so, would make Bear Gryll proud, and "re-use" our "needs" such as food, or for lack of weapons, use them as biological weapons.

I think that at least there would also be a feeling of "clean" and "dirty", considering that the longer we are exposed to dirt and dust from Boston, our body begins to get dirty. With a shower we could clean our, and in doing so reduce infection rates, that would compromise our special and an increasing of the radiation poisoning.

The problem is precisely to find clean water and use it for "clean up" our body. Certainly the irradiated water "would help" to clean ourselves, but would increase anyway the radiations (quite high I would say) so that would prove a risky move, to be used only in desperate cases.

For the toilet only In normal mode could be just "fresh aromatized" water containers. But still getting some sources when we use them. And spamming hard on it to remove the radiations we have in our body. Shower can do the same.

And yes, also for fun: Only if we are really bored, want to launch the "Jarate" as the sniper from Team Fortress 2 in the face of the enemies, or like an angry monkey our "biological organic material" aka the poo, as bio bomb. Able to poison the enemies when they get one. And for more fun. Yep, i think "fart in a jar" can be "toxic" or "explosive" with the right componens. But hell, this sounds weird, but hey weapons are created for our fun during our travels sometimes. Sometimes "yeah", in the most of the cases they could be helpfull against ghouls or deathclaws. Specially against them.

For the shower, like for the toiler in normal mode help to remove radiations, but only if have clean water, or we get radiations. if we don't care our hygene, we can still get an increase of radiation poisoning, and other kind of malus for your health, compromising so your STAMINA and PERCEPTION. And maybe also reduce our charisma.
What if the hygene is also used by the NPC, or even your same companions? maybe for our settlements, we can have the ability to build special showers, even a shower for decontamination, in addition to the normal and bathtubs. And let's not forget the new toilets, I would say that an expert in porcelain, we can be able to build new ones.
But why use a shower or a toilet for removing radiation in Fallout when we can simply use rad away?
Ok, Radway is useful to remove the radiations, but I think when we start the game, we don't have large stocks of Rad Away, and therefore we risk finding ourselves almost always a good part of our HP halved by radiation. The use toilets and showers, help partially to remove the "dirt" from our bodies. then it is becoming a more economical way, instead of spending caps between doctors or merchants. Of course, in normal mode it would become just for that reason. But in hardcore huh, we know it well.
For the interaction with the objects, it would not be necessary to do an animation. But if you want to do, please go ahead. Alternatively: will be like a sex interaction. You see only a black screen, then a Vault Boy animation will appear. Which confirms the success with that particular interaction. And for the sounds t would be only the sound of the toilet drain; or the shower faucet when used. Ok people can even add the noise they want for the "flush". It's a free world this. But please do this with moderation eheh.

Well what do you think about this?

When hardcore mode (and the GECK) comes out, I'm pretty sure someone will make a mod that forces the player to use the toilet (or some conveniently placed shrubbery) once in a while, it's too fun to not add in. Until then tho... Someone might do something with it, but seems probable that waiting for a mod like this makes sense.

When hardcore mode (and the GECK) comes out, I'm pretty sure someone will make a mod that forces the player to use the toilet (or some conveniently placed shrubbery) once in a while, it's too fun to not add in. Until then tho... Someone might do something with it, but seems probable that waiting for a mod like this makes sense.

And don't forget the shower, since even clean our body after days of exploring the Boston ruins can be dangerous for our health and we can get some sicksness.

Would be too OP

>Be exploring the Commonwealth

>Have to poop

>Start running home

>Deathclaw attacks

>Poop self

>Deathclaw laughs at you

>Deathclaw is still laughing

>Deathclaw laughs itself to death

>Easy EXP

I don't think so.

Basically our hygene and our WC needs be just like regular Food, water and sleep. Much time we spent in the wasteland, our needs bar increase, untill we have to find a bathroom.

Who said we have to be scared and "ruins" our pants? No one

• 2 months later...

Hey, i finally played the dlc/mod Wasteland Workshop. So, the shower is actually the decontamination "arch".

Have potential for this mod. If we could apply even this to the bathrooms.

And since the creation kit it's out, there is anyone interested for making it?

Edited by SignorNessuno

Personally I think it would be neat if your character got dirty as you spend more time in the wasteland (eventually getting covered in the grime that you see on many characters). Then a shower could be used to clean up your character and take the dirt and grime off, similar to how the shower in Metal Gear Solid V : The Phantom Pain works.

Maybe even taking it as far as having a charisma buff or something when your character is clean.

Personally I think it would be neat if your character got dirty as you spend more time in the wasteland (eventually getting covered in the grime that you see on many characters). Then a shower could be used to clean up your character and take the dirt and grime off, similar to how the shower in Metal Gear Solid V : The Phantom Pain works.

Maybe even taking it as far as having a charisma buff or something when your character is clean.

yeah! After all we "clean" ourself to be nice to the next. If our aspect is dirty, of course we got this type of malus.

Of course if we add even a toothbrush and toothpaste, it would be too excessive. But I think it would be immersive, and another further Charisma bonus.
So it is complete: toilet, shower and sink.
After all, we must take care of ourselves.

There's a "well groomed" perk/effect that's still in the game files that I suspect was either cut or is not visible. I think it might have to do with the cut copies of La Coiffe that I happened to restore with a mod on the nexus. It's interesting. Perhaps when I update that mod I'll implement "well groomed" I wonder how I could do it. Maybe I could make the magazine add a settlement constructable item based on the barber chair or the pre-war sink/mirror/vanity.