Played the whole game in godmode

Deleted26180174User

There is simply only one thing to do in survival mode, and that is... you guessed allready (= SURVIVE.

Load your god savegame and look through the perks, the level 1-5 sections.

Choose whisly what you need, then pick your SPECIAL points, so you can get your preferred skills on a new game.

Play until you come to Sanctuary, scrap everthing and get some xp. Level up on any settlement as much as you can.

Check out each and any enemy you face with VATS before you engage him. Even a Bloatfly can kill you on lew levels.

Then its all about your perks, your armor, your weapon, and your stimpacks and rad-stuff, etc.

Sneak/Snipe as much as possible.

On high level with better gear most enemies are easy again, but some may kill you before you even notice.

I'd prefer they didn't make enemies bullet sponges in higher difficulties. They should base damage off shot placement, and it should work both ways. I don't give a damn how badass a Behemoth is, if I shoot him in the face with a .50 BMG at 20 yards, he's dead in one shot. You get hit with a rocket launcher, you're dead in one shot.

I'd prefer they didn't make enemies bullet sponges in higher difficulties. They should base damage off shot placement, and it should work both ways. I don't give a damn how badass a Behemoth is, if I shoot him in the face with a .50 BMG at 20 yards, he's dead in one shot. You get hit with a rocket launcher, you're dead in one shot.

But in an RPG, realism in combat has no place in RPG. Aim for AI.

But in an RPG, realism in combat has no place in RPG. Aim for AI.

Yeah that's true I guess. It just sucks because eventually that's what the game becomes anyway, I kill nearly everything in one shot anyhow, while I can stand in the middle of a fire fight and take hits and not die. Even when enemies level up with you, eventually you become so strong the game loses any amount of challenge. If I sneak everywhere, nothing ever spots me and I can snipe anything before they know I'm there and all but the absolute highest level/toughness enemies are one shot kills.

Honestly the most dangerous thing in this game is radiation, and that's only if you aren't in power armor or a rad suit and only in the worst radiated areas.

Well yeah, I would prefer completely random levels so there's a lot more danger/risk. You sort of get that in this game, but I've yet to be killed by any enemy with a skull by it's name, they just take more to kill. But again, this is due to sneak/snipe and being able to get a lot of hits off at a distance before they even see me. I guess if I want challenge in this game I need to play run n' gun style.

I stand corrected. I truly did believe that up until I read this particular post.

Now I have to go rethink my life... I'm still dumbfounded... All my theories about the player being a part of the artistic process, and a good game allowing the player to not only listen to the story by narrate it at the same time, all thrown out the window... Maybe games aren't art after all, maybe they are just children's toys like the media has been telling us for decades...

Or some people are just post-structuralist or surrealists?

Speaking as someone who is much more of an artist than a gamer, weirdness in its performance, expression or enjoyment does not make something less like a form of art. Hang out in the professional art world for ten minutes and you'll meet someone with much more unusual ideas about interacting with their art form than you ever will from a gamer.

Well yeah, I would prefer completely random levels so there's a lot more danger/risk. You sort of get that in this game, but I've yet to be killed by any enemy with a skull by it's name, they just take more to kill. But again, this is due to sneak/snipe and being able to get a lot of hits off at a distance before they even see me. I guess if I want challenge in this game I need to play run n' gun style.

You just to good man, I'm always killed by queens and deathclaw.

I use God mod to build... or to walk up and take a look at something up close and personal... ie the very first Legendary Deathclaw I saw. I was taking far to much Radiation and I see this beast for the first time,,, I saved, then went up and introduced myself in god mode. It was a learning experience, I exited God mode, loaded my save, then introduced him to Mister Gauss Rifle, at LONG Range. Problem Solved :nuke: