Creating a fence?

I agree Striker. The best way to learn is to see how others did it and I done that for 16 years now, forth and back, more or less in periods since Morrowind and I peek at the CS Wiki daily as well. :D

Yes Oblivionaddicted - What did you find?

My chars steal when they get the chance - My main char does not need gold at all these days but I play with 2 comps, one at my flat and one at my GF and it is when I am at her flat I mod mostly and use a separate char that has not started the thief guild yet and the WIP mod I am working on is not only for me but hopefully it will have something that will suit everyone's needs :) The Private Home mod, which I borrow stuff from, with the authors approval, do have a barrel that clean stuff as I did found a shield that my low level char found yesterday that I want cleaned, so I will most likely include it. But as the Thiefs Guild works as they do, you cant get the next quest until you sold this amount of stolen gods, then when you play the game for the 3rd time, you need some convenience and that is what I am aiming for now, having it all under the same roof. :D

//Pekka

Yes my previous two characters (who didn't use Stolen Item Ownership) were far more limited for options regarding stolen stuff until they joined the Thieves Guild (do you steal that heavy cuirass in Anvil and then need to haul it's weight all the way to Inn of Ill Omen to see if Manheim even has enough gold to make it worth while). Even after joining the Thieves Guild you are limited to Ongar in Bruma until you have fenced enough stuff to get Dar Jee (Leyawiin ... again at the extremes of the map). The game was designed to make you traipse from one end of the map to the other over and over again.

My guess is that your mod would find an audience providing your fences are more centrally located (say Skingrad and Aleswell for example), if you choose to create a version for release that is (the majority of my "work" was created for personal use and will never see the light of day as a download, so I understand that way quite well).

The dialogues that show the value of the goods you fenced is triggered by a dialogue in the Dialogue -> service -> BarterSellItem topic with a filtering for each fence.

If you duplicate these dialogues and add one for your new fences with the proper GetIsID filtering this should do the job.

Very nice Oblivionaddicted. I will take a peek at it. :)

Well Striker879: My fence have max amount of money that a merchant can have and when it comes to the location, I use the same one where Stroti added the house I am working on in the first place, The Hobbit Home and the fence is in it together with all other necessary stuff you would ever need, if I did not miss any other useful stuff that is. I do want everything under the same roof now when I play the game for the 3rd time.

In one way, it is good to travel all over the map, making time goes by so some cells gets reset. The house already include some useful spells that lets you teleport to and from it, so it doesn't matter where you are and doing your filthy business as you will get to it withing seconds and back again to where you came from if you want too as well. :)

To reset the merchants, I stay out from the house for 3 days time to time.

//Pekka

Always glad to help. :-)

You can give up to 65535 septims to barter with to any trader outside of any investment and the automatic bonus when you reach the master level.

Did you give your fences a container to store the items you sell them?