Why does my game crash with only NINE MODS

Maybe you should answer the questions people keep asking you - like WHERE you have the game installed, and which OS (it's been asked twice now)

I think your problem is that you have 2 Natural Weather esps active. These won't work together. Pick either HD or normal res. This is the first thing to jump out at me, there may be more.

Definately use BOSS, run it after installing each new mod.

By OS i mean operating system; Windows XP, 7, Vista... 64 or 32 bit?

Edited by eric31415

Oblivion was originally made to work on WindowsXP. And has never been upgraded to take advantage of the new features available with Vista and Win7. One of those new features is called UAC (User Account Control) and is intended to protect any program installed in the program files folders from changes. Mods are changes and UAC attempts to block them.

For any user that has Vista or Win7 (but not WinXP) we recommend NOT installing to the default 'program files' folders, but almost any where else. Most popular is C:\Games\Oblivion. That removes the UAC problem entirely.

That's why people were asking what OS and where you installed the game.

If you are being limited by UAC, I do not recommend disabling it as that then leaves an open back door for viruses to take over your computer. :facepalm: Instead, uninstall and reinstall the game in a different place.

Here is a link to my complete uninstall/reinstall procedure located in the articles section of the Nexus

http://www.tesnexus.com/articles/article.php?id=240

It allows you to preserve any saves and mods, or remove them completely - your choice.

Disabling/reducing the UAC alone may not be enough to prevent problems with Windows Vista or Seven "security features". The game installed on C:\Program Files, Program Files (x86) or ANY specially protected folder is really BAD news. This includes practically almost all folders not user created on the HD root or another partition. So, never install games on the above folders, neither in any folder under the \Users (which includes the Documents folder), nor the Desktop... and so on.

A good way to keep things organized is creating a folder, let's say C:\Games and be used to install every game there. This alone will spare many headaches ahead.

CaesarOneWithNature.esp

What is this? it may be conflicting as with natural as well.

Another thing we all should do is start giving links to the pinned topics so the new people read them. i learned everything i know from reading the pinned topics as i assumed they were there for a reason.

I am actually using windows 7 but ironically enough I took oblivion out of the program files and put it into a folder on my desktop and I also removed both Caesar's one with nature and the HDR version of natural weather thanks

You should not keep anything in the desktop, it is bad for general performance, even the icons should be cleaned once and again. Anyway, it's like jumping from the pan into the fire, although I can't say for sure which are the consequences of running applications (mainly those which rely on third parts, like moddable games) from there, is yet a bad idea using ANY special Windows 7 folder.

"took Oblivion out of the program file" ... how? You can't just drag-n-drop it, as the registry still thinks it's in the original installation place.

You HAVE to use bben46's uninstall/reinstall procedure or you're just piling new error upon old error.

In short, how about doing what we are TELLING you to do instead of your own random ideas which are just complicating things.

:wallbash:

Edited by MarkInMKUK

look my game works just fine now and I'm tired of fix'N and installing and uninstalling, I got to do what I WANTED WITH THE MESSED UP GAMES I HAVE. but thanks for everything though I used bben's method and I'm officially awesome now, except bladesong and BBC don't work could someone help me with those?

Oblivion.esm

CM Partners.esm

Colourwheels Sexy Female NPCs.esp

Natural_Weather_by_Max_Tael.esp

Natural_Habitat_by_Max_Tael.esp

PTAutumnTrees.esp

Natural_Water_by_Max_Tael.esp

personality_idles4.esp

personality_idles4_nopc.esp

MaleBodyReplacerV4.esp

1AlexScorpionSneakingSuit.esp

Drake Knight Armor and Weapons v1.0.esp