My saves will NOT load.

Try (re)installing OBSE 0020, running the game without OBSE, then running it with OBSE 0020. So far I think it fixed the problem. You'll have to reinstall any body replacers though, that can't be helped.

I reinstalled the body replacers as soon as I removed DR. As for updating OBSE, is there any special method or is it just copying over the new files?

DL OBSE 0020 and extract the files, then move them over the old ones and make sure to copy move and replace.

Edited by Aryeonos

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try (re)installing OBSE 0020, running the game without OBSE, then running it with OBSE 0020. So far I think it fixed the problem. You'll have to reinstall any body replacers though, that can't be helped.

I reinstalled the body replacers as soon as I removed DR. As for updating OBSE, is there any special method or is it just copying over the new files?

DL OBSE 0020 and extract the files, then move them over the old ones and make sure to copy move and replace.

Alright, so a review of the steps.

1. Load the saves without OBSE and make clean saves of those.

2. Update to OBSE 20

3. Load the clean new saves with OBSE

Right? So the bottom line is that the saves will load if OBSE is NOT used?

Edited by MidbossVyers

Alright, so a review of the steps.

1. Load the saves without OBSE and make clean saves of those.

2. Update to OBSE 20

3. Load the clean new saves with OBSE

Right? So the bottom line is that the saves will load if OBSE is NOT used?

Yes, that is true. However, if you try loading a clean save with your same build of OBSE, it will continue to crash as normal. You must update/replace your current build of OBSE for the problem to be cleared up, if you ever want to use a mod that requires OBSE (Which is allot of them)

So bottom line, you must replace your current OBSE in its entirety.

Updating/reinstalling does this as long as you make sure to click the move/copy and replace option.

In other words, overwrite/update the obse_1_2_416.dll, obse_editor_1_2.dll, and obse_loader.exe files?

Edit: Well, I haven't even gotten to that point yet, as when I ran oblivion.exe (as opposed to the OBSE loader) and tried to load a save, the same thing happened. You also said that you deleted an .ini file. Which one was that? Also, although I doubt that OBSE is used because I ran the game with oblivion.exe, is it better for me to delete the old obse_1_2_416.dll, obse_editor_1_2.dll, and obse_loader.exe first because running oblivion.exe? If so, are there any other files I should delete?

Edited by MidbossVyers

In other words, overwrite/update the obse_1_2_416.dll, obse_editor_1_2.dll, and obse_loader.exe files?

Edit: Well, I haven't even gotten to that point yet, as when I ran oblivion.exe (as opposed to the OBSE loader) and tried to load a save, the same thing happened. You also said that you deleted an .ini file. Which one was that? Also, although I doubt that OBSE is used because I ran the game with oblivion.exe, is it better for me to delete the old obse_1_2_416.dll, obse_editor_1_2.dll, and obse_loader.exe first because running oblivion.exe? If so, are there any other files I should delete?

Those Files should be overwritten in the update process.

I deleted oblivion default.ini in Bethesda Softworks/Oblivion and Oblivion.ini in Docs/Games/Oblivion

Also, try loading a save from before you installed DR6 that you haven't touched since then. Even though we resolved that DR6 didn't corrupt any saves, the old save may not have any bad information yet written to it.

Edited by Aryeonos

I deleted oblivion default.ini in Bethesda Softworks/Oblivion and Oblivion.ini in Docs/Games/Oblivion

Also, try loading a save from before you installed DR6 that you haven't touched since then. Even though we resolved that DR6 didn't corrupt any saves, the old save may not have any bad information yet written to it.

I never saved when I had DR6 installed. However, all of my saves have a disabled (from Wrye Bash) DR5 on them.

Edit: When I moved the two .ini files to the recycle bin, the only thing it did was screw up the font of the text (in other words, the text no longer fit in the boxes, like for the saves files). The reason for this is probably because I use Darnified UI, but besides that the crashing, same type of crashing when loading, still persists. I had to restore the .ini files to get my text fonts back.

Edited by MidbossVyers

I never saved when I had DR6 installed. However, all of my saves have a disabled (from Wrye Bash) DR5 on them.

Edit: When I moved the two .ini files to the recycle bin, the only thing it did was screw up the font of the text (in other words, the text no longer fit in the boxes, like for the saves files). The reason for this is probably because I use Darnified UI, but besides that the crashing, same type of crashing when loading, still persists. I had to restore the .ini files to get my text fonts back.

Deleting the Oblivion_default.ini was a bad plan. That's what the game uses to rebuild the one in the My Games\Oblivion folder when you delete it. If it doesn't have a base to start from, it is gonna cause problems. never do anything with the default.ini.

Deleting the Oblivion_default.ini was a bad plan. That's what the game uses to rebuild the one in the My Games\Oblivion folder when you delete it. If it doesn't have a base to start from, it is gonna cause problems. never do anything with the default.ini.

I managed to restore the .ini files to fix the text problem, but the crashing during loading still persists as it did when I reverted back from DR6 (which causes lag up to the point of unresponsiveness) to DR5, and when I decided to remove DR altogether. Again, while I did do stuff in Wrye Bash, I never made a save that had DR6 installed... You know, I wonder what the author, himself, hasn't come forward. Edited by MidbossVyers

You know, I wonder what the author, himself, hasn't come forward.

Well, just possibly because "My saves will NOT load" doesn't exactly mantion anything that would make the author of the mod think the thread has anything to do with him/her? Like actually putting "Deadly reflex" or DR6 IN the topic title?