Best Body Face mod(s)?

oxpleaqssfwspy2

I've been looking for body/face mods but, there is so many variations. I could download them all but, I could end up with a disaster. I am also looking for a sexy walk for the NPCs.

Best is a matter of opinion, a lot of people myself included use xenius race compilation. As for making them look good if your not capable of creating a character whose looks you like on your own you could allways find a saved game for your chosen character race and go with that.

For Sexy walks I use Pretty Woman in combination with Womans Move run animation

I've been looking for body/face mods but, there is so many variations. I could download them all but, I could end up with a disaster. I am also looking for a sexy walk for the NPCs.

Best is a matter of opinion, a lot of people myself included use xenius race compilation. As for making them look good if your not capable of creating a character whose looks you like on your own you could allways find a saved game for your chosen character race and go with that.

I should be more clear. Some companion/race mods require specific body mods, which in turn require head mods, complection mods, etc. I don't mind using body/head/face mods that change my character or every NPC in Oblivion, I just don't want to a land of yellow 'wtf.' I therefore assume that other members of this forum have, by trial and error, arrived at a balanced, non-conflicting combination of body/head mods. The xenius race requires Roberts Male Body and HG Eye Candy Body which in turn requires Ozmo's High Rez Skin Textures for HGEC. How does those body mods affect the player or the NPCs of the game?

I should be more clear. Some companion/race mods require specific body mods, which in turn require head mods, complection mods, etc. I don't mind using body/head/face mods that change my character or every NPC in Oblivion, I just don't want to a land of yellow 'wtf.' I therefore assume that other members of this forum have, by trial and error, arrived at a balanced, non-conflicting combination of body/head mods. The xenius race requires Roberts Male Body and HG Eye Candy Body which in turn requires Ozmo's High Rez Skin Textures for HGEC. How does those body mods affect the player or the NPCs of the game?

Your going to find that most mods that deal with the player character and NPC's either require or recommend HGEC and Roberts Male body. Ozmo's High Rez Skin Textures are not really a requirement but rather a strong recomendation. I personaly do not use them.

xenius race's do not affect NPC's at all, unless you install a companion that was made to be one of Xens beautiful races.

His races are for the most part player only unles as I mentioned you make or download a companion mod built on his races.

In fact off the top of my head I really cannot think of a custom race that would effect Vanilla NPC's.

Cosmetic Packs such as Beautiful People are worth looking into but be sure that your down loading a mod that is currently supported or you could run into trouble. I personaly use Modular Beautiful People 2CH, the only draw back to that mod I feel is that it also adds a whole lot of races that no one likes. Its Major strengths iare the few truly beautiful races that it contains and that it has nearly every single hair style and eye texture ever made.

as for companions if you look into vilja and viconia I think you should be safe with installing in combination with other mods, stroker wolf and the argonian whose I cant remember are also good choices.

Right now HGEC and RM are the "best", if only because of the high popularity (and therefore, many clothes and armor options, customizations, and variants). HGEC has a fine balance and lacks some of the weird problems that other body mods have (Fantasy Figures has a problem with the hip mesh not moving naturally in some poses, for example). It's kinda like how Windows is the "best" OS out there, even if it's not.

My own opinion:

In terms of shape though, I really liked BAB the most. I felt like it fit the game world well, because it was a somewhat athletic body, which suits a female adventurer's body very nicely. The only problem is that it's one of the oldest body mods, and hasn't been updated at all in years. There's still a very small number of modders still working on this though, so once in a while there's a conversion for it.

TGND is a newcomer, and is pretty good and kinda fitting in a way, though it's not a very athletic body (that's actually the point of this body shape), so might not be what you're looking for. Still, if there were a way to assign different body types for different NPCs, this would work nicely on those who aren't supposed to be warriors.

Fantasy Figures has a beautiful shape, beautiful textures, and quite a few options in terms of clothing and armor mods, but has a very strange problem when the hips are visible (even when wearing pants). Most people won't notice this, but I do. The hip folds at the hip joint with some poses (such as the vanilla combat stances), rather than curves out smoothly like they do in real life. This is a minor setback, though, and it hasn't stopped people from enjoying the mod. But it looks great in many clothing and armors, and the modders currently active for it do some fine work with conversions.

HGEC is a variant of Exnem's EyeCandy mod. They're very similar (and clothes and armor for one is compatible with the other). If you're not sure what to get, but don't want to use vanilla (or want the most compatibility with other mods), HGEC is the way to go really. Most clothing modders (even in other countries) tend to create mods for HGEC, but allow conversions into other body mods, and that's what we see. Personally I don't find it realistic at all. I mean, it's realistic in terms of there are women who really look like this. But since it turns every woman into this shape, it kinda gets old. I don't really like seeing old beggar ladies or supposedly fearsome orc veteran warriors with this body shape. It lacks neutral compatibility because it stands out too much. But that's just my opinion of course.

Roberts Female has got to be the most difficult mod to use, if only because it's so hard to find good mods. The few modders for RF are very secretive or exclusive, and many of the links even here in TESNexus are gone or hidden. Still, the base body and vanilla clothing and armor replacer for this mod is very nice, and the shape is a very good balance of sexy and realistic.

Is HGEC/Roberts compatible with each other and Ozmo/Cosmetic Packs? Are there any potential CTD immediately after Intro (zoom-to-prison) with body/face mods? If so, what is the general solution? Thanks all for the info. Edited by oxpleaqssfwspy2

Is HGEC and Roberts compatible with each other and Ozmo? Are there any potential CTD immediately after Intro (zoom-to-prison) with body/face mods? If so, what is the general solution? Thanks all for the info.

You can use one body replacer for female and other for male, but cannot use two or more body replacers for same gender. So, you can use HGEC and Robert's male together(but beware Khajiit body texture issue), but not HGEC and Robert's female since both will replace same body meshes. Ozmo's texture pack is for Eyecandy body(Exnem's/HGEC), so you won't have problem with using it while you're using Exnem's, HGEC(and derived body types), or TGND.

Male and female body replacers are totally separate, so you can use any male replacer with any female replacer you like

If installed properly, none of those mods will ever cause a CTD. If installed properly. In fact, if you CTD, it's more than likely to be caused by another mod. For the most part, these mods don't even have .esp files (if they do, it's only to point the races to use special file paths or something, no programming like scripting or quests or whatnot).