Corrections to file stats

Dark0ne

Just a thought, should the sorting for most downloaded now use this corrected stat as opposed to total downloads? IE. A mod that has many issues and is updated many times will jump queue over a mod that has no updates and appear to be more popular in the list until clicked on.

I understand a mod that people are willing to come back and keep updating equals popularity. Maybe a sort option for total unique downloads or by ratio of endorsements to unique downloads would be good as that is a better gauge of a quality mod (in theory).

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to be unpolite, but I think the counter (-s) are still broken somehow?

One of my pages have the exact same frequency of Unique and Total Downloads as before the correction. At least that's my feeling.

I notice this because I find it interesting how many different persons download my files and how many times in total, to see if some turn back a second time.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I still think the Unique proportionally follows the same rate of the Total Downloads.

Edited by Mushashi7

Not to be unpolite, but I think the counter (-s) are still broken somehow?

One of my pages have the exact same frequency of Unique and Total Downloads as before the correction. At least that's my feeling.

I notice this because I find it interesting how many different persons download my files and how many times in total, to see if some turn back a second time.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I still think the Unique proportionally follows the same rate of the Total Downloads.

Can you link to which Mod you're referring to please so we can investigate ?

Now I can see how many people downloaded a specific version compared to the number of all users who ever downloaded any of the versions if I understand correctly. The previous counter wasn't very useful and I can still reach it if I sum unique counters for all versions. It's still a shame some amount of downloads slip by if your file is below 2 MB but that cannot be helped.

• 3 weeks later...

Could you fix views now as well?

1. Don't count the author

2. Count only unique

3. Ignore bots (preferably only logged in)

i just started working on 1st mod page and noticed right off that I'm racking up the Views (I'm the only one viewing since the page is not published yet). It probably doesn't matter that much but just wondered if this was supposed to work this way?

• 4 weeks later...
I dont know if this is the right place to post this but my downloads are missing .The last time i updated to nexus mod manager my mods disappeared .I was using 20 odd mods but have been reduced to 8 mods installed. The others have disappeared from my computer.