The Thread of Computers (aka will my computer run Skyrim)

Zeazer

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Intel 80386

2 MB of RAM

8MB HDD

DOS 3.1

EGA Graphics

I shouldn't have any issues. :thumbsup:

2 MB of RAM? A little overkill don't you think? 1500kb of that will never get used, you realise this right?

I don't listen to that Bill Gates, his company will never be more than a bit player in the operating system market.

And you're on DOS? I'm telling you, as I've told everyone, Amiga1000 is the future

Intel 80386

2 MB of RAM

8MB HDD

DOS 3.1

EGA Graphics

2 MB of RAM? A little overkill don't you think? 1500kb of that will never get used, you realise this right?

I don't listen to that Bill Gates, his company will never be more than a bit player in the operating system market.

And you're on DOS? I'm telling you, as I've told everyone, Amiga1000 is the future

I use the Amiga for the intensive processes like book keeping.

Intel 80386

2 MB of RAM

8MB HDD

DOS 3.1

EGA Graphics

Yeah, fair enough. The raw power of that OS is mind-blowing and can be intimidating...

Every other requirement my computer meets except the 3g Ram. Grrrrs. Windows XP won't recognize the 4 GB of Ram I have installed. And right now reads that I only have 2.5 GB installed. I only need .5 more GB and I could run it. But I can't.. which means I have to get Windows 7 or change to Windows XP 64-bit. Both require me to reinstall a bunch of crap I don't feel like having to reinstall. I have a LOT of games and downloads on this computer right now and keying in all those license keys for each of the games I have makes my head hurt, never mind the countless other things I'm going to have to try to figure out...like what is and what isn't compatible with Windows 7..which is the way I'll probably go instead of switching to 64 bit.

Is there anyway to convince my computer just to read another .5 more gb of ram? Anyway I can coax it besides upgrading to Windows 7 or 64 bit?

PS, I haven't read the rest of the posts on this thread so if someone else has already gone into this issue, I apologize.

Edited by Pineapplerum

Every other requirement my computer meets except the 3g Ram. Grrrrs. Windows XP won't recognize the 4 GB of Ram I have installed. And right now reads that I only have 2.5 GB installed. I only need .5 more GB and I could run it. But I can't.. which means I have to get Windows 7 or change to Windows XP 64-bit. Both require me to reinstall a bunch of crap I don't feel like having to reinstall. I have a LOT of games and downloads on this computer right now and keying in all those license keys for each of the games I have makes my head hurt, never mind the countless other things I'm going to have to try to figure out...like what is and what isn't compatible with Windows 7..which is the way I'll probably go instead of switching to 64 bit.

Is there anyway to convince my computer just to read another .5 more gb of ram? Anyway I can coax it besides upgrading to Windows 7 or 64 bit?

PS, I haven't read the rest of the posts on this thread so if someone else has already gone into this issue, I apologize.

Skyrim does not require to have 3GB of Ram, but it would be good to have them.

Download Game Booster, a program which disables all unneeded programs that are running, and frees up RAM in the process.

You can also try this: http://dwf.blogs.com/beyond_the_paper/2009/04/enabling-3gb-switch-on-windows-vista.html

It should trick your OS in using more RAM.

I'm going to go ahead and second that recommendation for Game Booster; I ran Oblivion at medium settings on a Vista rig with only 2 gigs of RAM! It should make a significant difference if you're system is memory-starved.

Intel 80386

2 MB of RAM

8MB HDD

DOS 3.1

EGA Graphics

Yeah, fair enough. The raw power of that OS is mind-blowing and can be intimidating...

lol i "think" that'ill run it

Intel 80386

2 MB of RAM

8MB HDD

DOS 3.1

EGA Graphics

lol i "think" that'ill run it

lol insepti-reply

Intel Core i5 2500K BOX, 3.3GHz, LGA 1155, 4C/4T, unlocked

Asus GTX-570 DirectCU II 1.28GB DDR5, PCI-E x16

Asrock P67 Pro3 (B3), Intel P67 B3, LGA1155

Samsung HD502HJ, F3, 7200rpm, 16MB, 500GB, SATA-II

Corsair CMX4GX3M1A1333C9, 4 GB, DDR3-1333, [email protected]

Antec High Current GAMER Serie, HCG-520, 80Plus Bronze

LG GH22NS, 22x DVD±R Brenner, SATA, schwarz

Thermaltake V3 Midi-Tower VL80001W2Z - black