The Thread of Computers (aka will my computer run Skyrim)

Zeazer

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HD 6970! "so cheap"? where!

Hmmm I just had a look and they seem to have gone up, or I just got a good deal when I got all the parts for it.

It's $379 in Australia at the moment which sucks. When I got my comp build I got discounts on some items because they didn't have the RAM I was after. Will still prob get another one lol.

I think it's roughly the same price in the US but I'm not sure.

its 360-380 dollars in the US

lol that sucks, must've just thought it was cheaper from my build haha.

Sorry for misleading everyone! :P

Either way, I'm reckoning that a lot of the modders will be keen for some texture packs soon after release, and that card will perform well.

I reckon that the game looks absolutely amazing already and will play an un-modded version for my first playthrough. (if I can keep away from looking and modding sites lol)

I dislike the 6970 cause it was a filler series to begin with, they changed the naming as well.

I was referring to other games if i was going to go with a 7970, you could then crossfire it afterwards and get some good performance instead of switching to another series.

I wouldn't get another 6970 unless the price came way way down, and that won't happen until the high end 79xx comes out.

I thought the pci e 3.0 was only rumored for 79xx series, then again i could of read old news.

The high end 7000s aren't coming out until sometime in Q1 2012, well after Skyrim is out, so if you are upgrading specifically for Skyrim you don't have them as an option... presuming you buy the game upon release of course. I bought my 6970 for $310 several months ago, in preparation for Skyrim. I will add another when games actually advance to the point of needing a second one, but for now, a single one is good enough for max settings @ 1080p in almost every game out there. I suspect Skyrim will be max or close to it as well. If Quarl or someone else puts out a high resolution texture pack, well I may need an upgrade after that. ;)

Hi all, I'm new around here, so g'day.

Just thought i'd see if there is any chance my laptop (ASUS N53S) could run it. After reading about mods etc i'd like to try a tes game on the PC.

I posted on another site as well btw, but i thought i'd get a second opinion.

Intel I7 2630QM 2.0GHz

Nvidia GeForce GT 540M Cuda 1GB

6GB Ram

500GB HDD

I think that's everything i need.

Anyway, any would be appreciated.

*bump* anyone help me out please?

Hi all, I'm new around here, so g'day.

Just thought i'd see if there is any chance my laptop (ASUS N53S) could run it. After reading about mods etc i'd like to try a tes game on the PC.

I posted on another site as well btw, but i thought i'd get a second opinion.

Intel I7 2630QM 2.0GHz

Nvidia GeForce GT 540M Cuda 1GB

6GB Ram

500GB HDD

I think that's everything i need.

Anyway, any would be appreciated.

*bump* anyone help me out please?

We've got about the same specs. Normally (and I say NORMALLY) you should be able to run it. That graphics card (same as mine) isn't the best , but it's certainly enough for Skyrim (it can run Crysis, and many other newer games on moderate to high setting. 6GB of RAM is more than enough , I don't expect Skyrim to be using more than 1 GB. Your CPU is fine as well, even that i7 is overkill.