The Thread of Computers (aka will my computer run Skyrim)

Zeazer

I'm really sorry, I've spent ages just studying up on all this computer jargon and reading through other's posts to find the answer, but I am just hopeless it seems. :unsure:

I wanted to avoid annoying you guys by asking the same old question, but: how will Skyrim fare with these specs?

Intel Core i7 CPU Q 840 @ 1.87GHz, 1863 Mhz, 4 Cores, 8 Logic

4.0gb ram, Nvidia Geforce GTX 260m

DirectX 11.0 (Although other sources have told me I am using version 10?)

Video RAM 2.7 GB

I am confidant that I will meet the minimum requirements, but will I be able to exceed recommended requirements? It will be bothering to discover I spent so much money and time making sure I have the best possible laptop, when it gets outdated within a year.

Again, I'm sorry for noobing all over you guys :tongue:

CPU at least meets the recommended reqs.The video card is close to 9800 GTX (600/1500/900) - that's slightly below recommended. should be about med-high.

EDIT: Your video card doesn't support dx11, only dx10.

Edited by VBlackfang

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry that I'm talking about my Geforce 210 card so much, but just one final question...

I will be able to play on minimum right? As I've said, I have an intel i7 with 6gb ram and it's 64bit.

The system requirements say that minimum is a directx 9 supported card with 512 mb ram, I'm pretty sure my card is 1 gb. (can you run it says I have 3.2 gb, but that can't be right, right?)

Now, does the geforce 210 support Directx 9?

Sorry that I'm talking about my Geforce 210 card so much, but just one final question...

I will be able to play on minimum right? As I've said, I have an intel i7 with 6gb ram and it's 64bit.

The system requirements say that minimum is a directx 9 supported card with 512 mb ram, I'm pretty sure my card is 1 gb. (can you run it says I have 3.2 gb, but that can't be right, right?)

I owned a 220 for awhile and I doubt it .. my 220 couldn't handle oblivion without a bunch of ini file tweaks .. I guess its possible after some heavy tweaking .. hard to say... can you run oblivion? .. if you can then I bet you can run skyrim .. just not very pretty.

My computer has 4GB RAM. But I have 32-bit Vista. Which means the system only recognizes around 3.2GB. The question is, will the game run smoothly if you have the other recommended requirements?

I have the same but with windows 7, gothic 4 requires 4 GB RAM, and I can play it on ultra settings and the game runs smoothly.Wait until you try skyrim if you need more RAM you need to upgrade to a 64-bit system and then get more RAM for your computer.

I owned a 220 for awhile and I doubt it .. my 220 couldn't handle oblivion without a bunch of ini file tweaks .. I guess its possible after some heavy tweaking .. hard to say... can you run oblivion? .. if you can then I bet you can run skyrim .. just not very pretty.

usrs? I can run Oblivion and Fallout 3 at a pretty high graphical setting. with my optimal resolution aswell (1920x1080). I can run the witcher 2 at eh... an okay rate. It's a bit laggy in forests and I need to put it at 1000ishx700ish. It looks pretty nice after I enabled some things that aren't dependent on the graphic card. So I have moderate detail with some fps drop.

usrs? I can run Oblivion and Fallout 3 at a pretty high graphical setting. with my optimal resolution aswell (1920x1080). I can run the witcher 2 at eh... an okay rate. It's a bit laggy in forests and I need to put it at 1000ishx700ish. It looks pretty nice after I enabled some things that aren't dependent on the graphic card. So I have moderate detail with some fps drop.

Well fallout 3 ran on high with my 220 but oblivion has always been an issue for my PC .. outside I get like 30-40fps on my 550ti .. inside I get about 200fps lols .. 210 is super low end though <_< .. I'm surprised you can run oblivion on "pretty high" settings .. if you can then you should be able to handle skyrim .. its not a very demanding game.

My computer has 4GB RAM. But I have 32-bit Vista. Which means the system only recognizes around 3.2GB. The question is, will the game run smoothly if you have the other recommended requirements?

I have the same but with windows 7, gothic 4 requires 4 GB RAM, and I can play it on ultra settings and the game runs smoothly.Wait until you try skyrim if you need more RAM you need to upgrade to a 64-bit system and then get more RAM for your computer.

Forget about it. Skyrim isn't a 64bit application and can't possibly even use more than 4GB no matter what kind of setup you have anyway. While running vanilla Skyrim you'll probably see very little if any benefit what so ever on a 64bit os and 4GB+ system compared to 32bit and 4GB.