The Thread of Computers (aka will my computer run Skyrim)

Zeazer

Hey all!

I'll be playing Skyrim on my Asus G74SX notebook, I know it can handle the game but my question is, does anyone have an idea at wich settings?

The specs are as following:

Intel core I7 2630QM processor

8GB RAM

1TB HD at 7200 RPM

1920 x 1080 resolution

Nvidia Geforce GTX 560M GPU with 3072 MB RAM

If anyone has an idea of the settings I'll be able to run at, I'll greatly appreciate your opinion!

You should be aright with that, maybe high, the lack of bandwidth might be a problem heading in the ultra direction.

I would say easily on high.

Yeah, that looks like a pretty top of the line laptop. As the Nvidia drivers continue to improve and after a couple Skyrim patches you may be able to max out the settings on that setup.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoping someone can help...I'd like to know what to expect graphicaly from my laptops amd hd6650. It max's out new vegas and puts my ps3 to shame. Do you think it would do the same for skyrim?? Are its requirements much higher to run on max settings than new vegas? thanks.

Hoping someone can help...I'd like to know what to expect graphicaly from my laptops amd hd6650. It max's out new vegas and puts my ps3 to shame. Do you think it would do the same for skyrim?? Are its requirements much higher to run on max settings than new vegas? thanks.

You'll have no problem making Skyrim look very impressive on your laptop.

As for maxing out all the settings in the game, I think we'll have to wait and see just how powerful a system needs to be do that.

AMD are a bit cheaper for the power- I'm an Nvidea fanboy, and like my physX and...green box...

I'v confident I'll run it on high with 2xaa on my GTX 295, i7920 and 6gb ddr3.

I'v read you need double the recommended (they are for high) to run ultra (Everything maxed) So I'm hoping to get a mixture of high/ Ultra, only thing letting me down is my GPU- 40fps on Crysis maxed (dx10) 2xaa.

I have doubts on wether or not I can run Skyrim at it's best. My graphics card isn't the best out there but I do have an i7 processor.

Intel® Core i7 CPU 870 @ 2.93GHz, 2934 MHz

4GB RAM

NVidia GeForce GT 230

HD 1920x1080

Windows 7 64bit

Not sure how to find my RPM.

Edited by StormTemplar

I has a question. Why does everyone seem to have an AMD HD graphics card? When I looked on the Graphics card hierarchy chart, the Nvidia Geforce exceeded AMD cards.

nVidia has 60% of market but that is changing now.. last time (2years or year ago) I have seen that AMD has 40% of market share and rapidly growing.

Reason is simple, AMD creates fast GPUs and with good price tag and if you compare somewhat identical cards from two companies AMD is almost always cheaper.

I have doubts on wether or not I can run Skyrim at it's best. My graphics card isn't the best out there but I do have an i7 processor.

Intel® Core i7 CPU 870 @ 2.93GHz, 2934 MHz

4GB RAM

NVidia GeForce GT 230

HD 1920x1080

Windows 7 64bit

CPU is nice indeed but GPU is bottleneck... your CPU won't help you in this situation as your GPU can only push graphics so far.. I would imagine Mid settings is most likely what you will be playing on.

PS. FUUU!!! Double post.. Sorry :(

Edited by ValugaTheLord

Intel® Core i7 CPU 870 @ 2.93GHz, 2934 MHz

4GB RAM

NVidia GeForce GT 230

HD 1920x1080

Windows 7 64bit

You need a new video card, your CPU is very good, but your video card is low end at best..... was this a pre-built unit? If your Power Supply can handle it you should look to upgrade.