Fallout 4 Beginners Guide

gromulos

you NEED FO4SE, that's most likely the main cause of your crashes by not having it

most mods need it even the ones that don't say it's required, it's just the author forgetting to specify it, IE tired from making the mod lol :P

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Sad laugh*

Hey Gromulos, remember when I said I'm a "noob"? Well, I have two questions for you (along with my apologies, if I'm missing something obvious).

1.) Should FO4Edit be installed into any particular file? I've looked all over the documentation and videos and can't figure out if it needs to go somewhere specific.

2.) Prior to finding your post (Thanks again for making it) I deleted all of my mods and any trace of them that could be found and then did a clean reinstall of FO4. Am I screwed or is it OK to download those mods again?

- Oh!! Secondary, related question. After reloading everything and organizing the load order, is it possible to reload an old save point or is the whole content corrupted?

Thanks again. Sorry for being such a pain, but this post is for beginners, right? :smile: :smile:

there actually is a mod that will give you ALL of the achievements lol

I used it simply because I had one achievement i could not figure out how to get and I just wanted to simply play the game and not have to worry about it

Here is the one you are talking about - https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12465

and here is the one I am talking about ( god cheat ) - https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15317

up to you which one you use :smile:

1.) Should FO4Edit be installed into any particular file? I've looked all over the documentation and videos and can't figure out if it needs to go somewhere specific.

FO4Edit should go in your game root directory, NOT in your data folder, which for me is - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4

2.) Prior to finding your post (Thanks again for making it) I deleted all of my mods and any trace of them that could be found and then did a clean reinstall of FO4. Am I screwed or is it OK to download those mods again?

I do not recommend trying to rebuild a load order from a save game file for someone that is new to modding, even I have problems sometimes when i forget a hidden texture mod since some of them have no ESP

Edited by gromulos

Ha-HA!

I have a goal !! To strive for all of the achievements and be able to tell you how to get the one you're missing. It's the least anyone can do. :smile:

well the one i was missing had to do with getting a certain amount of ALL of the captured animals, so have fun with that lol :tongue:

just make sure you build the beacon first lol

Edited by gromulos

Uggggghhhhhhhhh......... :sick: :sick: :sick: .... I think I'm going to throw up.

Well, everything was installed and configured as you instructed, DLCs downloaded, NO mods included (other than the ones instructed), everything was check green across the board ....and the game and computer promptly crashed 45 seconds after opening the workshop menu (again).

I used an old save point (lvl 78), before downloading any mods or DLCs. Still, this is the exact same problem I had the last time I downloaded the DLCs.

Game cache integrity verified multiple times.
Drivers all up to date
No significant Administrative Events to cause this.

Suggestions?
I can live without the DLCs, but please don't tell me to start from LVL 1. I can't stand to deal with Preston or those needy settlers again.

this doesn't make any sense, the DLC's should not be causing this

are you sure you followed my guide correctly?

steam cloud turned off

bashed patch made

no orange or red mods?

Everything was installed and done. No mods included and everything was green.

So, there are two possible issues:

1.) Should a fresh bashed patch be made every time a DLC or Mod is added?

2.) After conducting an exhaustive search, many people had crash problems after the various DLC releases, especially Mechanist and Wasteland Workshops.

Maybe I should just surrender to the fact that I need to start EVERYTHING over. Ugh. :down: :wallbash: