Off the top of your head - Top 5 immersion mods.

DingerDan

Shoot, name the top 5 mods that make oblivion for you.

Mine - (Spoiler tags lolz)

QQuix - Rock Rock Rock your Ship

Reneer's Rain Mod (Well, it would be if he got the damn thing working)

All Natural

Immersive Interiors

Alive Waters

I'll provide links if you wanna try any of them. ^^ What are yours?

Edited by DingerDan

It's five groups of mods, because otherwise it's very incomplete. I also use assorted body replacers (because I can)

All Natural (Weather) / Immersive Interiors / OBGE Liquid Water

Duke Patrick's Archery Overhaul (I tend to play snipers)

Argonian Beautification / Scripted Argonian Feet

The equivalent mod for Khajiits (currently in development)

Better Cities & Unique Landscapes

And I agree about Reneer's Rain Mod - darn Bethesda for such a massive bug in the first place!

Edited by MarkInMKUK

It's five groups of mods, because otherwise it's very incomplete. I also use assorted body replacers (because I can)

All Natural (Weather) / Immersive Interiors / OBGE Liquid Water

Duke Patrick's Archery Overhaul (I tend to play snipers)

Argonian Beautification / Scripted Argonian Feet

The equivalent mod for Khajiits (currently in development)

Better Cities & Unique Landscapes

And I agree about Reneer's Rain Mod - darn Bethesda for such a massive bug in the first place!

Agreed. And thinking back to how buggy Oblivion was in 2005... I woulda gladly waited an extra year for them to finish the damn game. Or at least released like a 2-DVD version of the game for PC Gamers. Who cares about those pesky XboX Gamers, They're probably all gonna get arthritis from the analogs soon.

Hehe.

My personal Favorites are:

Natural Environments

DaRNifiedDUI (to make the HUD smaller)

FCOM, which adds a uprising amount of immersion to the game,,,

Alternate Beginnings, which I highly recommend over Arrive by Ship. Just something fun about starting out as a necromancer...

...but I digress.

I know it's only four, but my computer is rather...low on processing speed and it can't handle unique landscapes, sadly.

Hehe.

My personal Favorites are:

Natural Environments

DaRNifiedDUI (to make the HUD smaller)

FCOM, which adds a uprising amount of immersion to the game,,,

Alternate Beginnings, which I highly recommend over Arrive by Ship. Just something fun about starting out as a necromancer...

...but I digress.

I know it's only four, but my computer is rather...low on processing speed and it can't handle unique landscapes, sadly.

Haha, I have a seperate installation with FCOM :P I'm upgrading to a Phenom x6 soon, and 8GB of RAM so I hope Oblivion will handle my high volume of mods more efficiently. ^^

In no particular order:

Animated Window Lighting System

Adds a nice touch, if you like walking cities a lot.

Morrowind Lockpicking

This gets rid of the lockpicking minigame, which stops time and gets boring/old after your first few thousand attempts. You can spend hours IRL at trying to pick a high level lock, and it would've been just an instant in the game world. Though the animation is still a little messed up (understandably).

Weather - All Natural

Need I say more?

Wandering Encounters

This is something you might not notice at first. This allows creatures and NPCs of a certain intelligence level (defined by you) to try to wander to any point of Tamriel (by a chance set by you as well). It also causes NPCs and creatures to try to group together (using a simple but very clever system of causing them to wait for each other before moving).

So what? Well, you might then end up finding bandits straying closer to a town than usual, looking for some trouble. You might find a pack of wolves headed towards a small homestead. It adds a little less predictability to the world, by making "spawn points" less clear cut.

I also recommend this mod to be used with:

Crowded Roads (Revisited)

Makes roads less lonely, which could allow you to witness some interesting NPC interactions (such as bandits attacking the travelers, or the travelers talking to each other on the roadside). You could step in, if your character is the type, which my character definitely is.

I got more, like gardening, food-related stuff, but I'll limit it to just 5. :dance:

In no particular order:

Animated Window Lighting System

Adds a nice touch, if you like walking cities a lot.

Morrowind Lockpicking

This gets rid of the lockpicking minigame, which stops time and gets boring/old after your first few thousand attempts. You can spend hours IRL at trying to pick a high level lock, and it would've been just an instant in the game world. Though the animation is still a little messed up (understandably).

Weather - All Natural

Need I say more?

Wandering Encounters

This is something you might not notice at first. This allows creatures and NPCs of a certain intelligence level (defined by you) to try to wander to any point of Tamriel (by a chance set by you as well). It also causes NPCs and creatures to try to group together (using a simple but very clever system of causing them to wait for each other before moving).

So what? Well, you might then end up finding bandits straying closer to a town than usual, looking for some trouble. You might find a pack of wolves headed towards a small homestead. It adds a little less predictability to the world, by making "spawn points" less clear cut.

I also recommend this mod to be used with:

Crowded Roads (Revisited)

Makes roads less lonely, which could allow you to witness some interesting NPC interactions (such as bandits attacking the travelers, or the travelers talking to each other on the roadside). You could step in, if your character is the type, which my character definitely is.

I got more, like gardening, food-related stuff, but I'll limit it to just 5. :dance:

Those all sound... Really good, man! I might download some of them. I wish I could use the construction set, and realise some of my own ideas... I might start learning.

Haha start out simple. Try some basic stuff like adding NPCs to a place. I plan on making a new immersion mod that's based on NPCs. Since my PC can handle a lot of NPCs (and so can most peoples' PCs, by now, unlike 5 years ago when this game first came out), it's a good idea to make the game feel more lively by adding more NPCs, even if they're not really important or don't do anything other than move around or sit at a table at a tavern. It's the simplest form of adding immersion, and it can be quite effective if done right.

Let's face it. If your supposedly prosperous and bustling happy Imperial City feels like a ghost town, it really does make the game feel less fun. Hence, mods like Crowded Cities, etc. If you're the only dude in a tavern aside from the barkeep, oh so sad...