Skyrim: Taking FOREVER to Save

FierySwordswoman

Alright, so 2 days ago at midnight I started making a new character. I saved towards the end of creation and logged off.

The next day, I finished creation and played for a good few hours straight. 7 ish?

Today, I continued only to find that the time it takes to save the game went from 2 seconds max to 25 seconds max. My load times are still from 2-3 seconds to instant depending on the newness of the area. The game boots fast as well.

My question: WHY. Why has the save time grown absolutely exponentially when nothing else has changed? I thought it was just my older characters that took a while to save, but his character is only like level 9! The save file size is almost 11 megabytes, compared to my old characters' 13 (1-2 week's worth) and 17 (3 months worth). I've never had a save file randomly bloat. I just assumed it was a side-effect of character progression, but this latest character shows it's something else entirely due to how freakishly smoothly it was running in the first marathon-session. (It also crashed while loading once today, but never yesterday. Maybe a coincidence since it was a ram-heavy moment.) A newly made character's save is slightly more than 10 megabytes for my loadout.

Is there a way around this absurd save time? I use to use my rotating quick-saves religiously, but now I only save when I really need to because it locks me out for so long.

Yeah, I have like 150 ish plugins, but literally nothing changed from the butter-smooth first session to the atrocious second. It's probably been like this for all of my characters, but I just never noticed that it wasn't because the save files grew a full one megabyte (huge, right?) over the course of a week because I've got some larger mods this time around, creating a more obvious transition.

Edited by FierySwordswoman

More than likely, it has to do with the Mods you have loaded, the location you may be in (due to Mods),

& it can even have this issue due to your System in general. However, I agree with @jim_uk & would say

to move this Post & include your Mods as well as your System Specs.

Ah. I... didn't see that. Moving!

More than likely, it has to do with the Mods you have loaded, the location you may be in (due to Mods),

& it can even have this issue due to your System in general. However, I agree with @jim_uk & would say

to move this Post & include your Mods as well as your System Specs.

I can be in the middle of the busiest urban area in the game or inside of the smallest interior and it makes no difference.

Since I use Mod Organizer, I guess I could see how a vanilla game vs a modded game saves for me. Still doesn't explain the erratic save time behavior.