Conjuration

jancina25

I hope they broaden and lengthen the time and amount of critters summoned. In addition, I'd like the ability to summon multiples at a time, because on occasion I like having a small army around my PC to fight. I overcame that limitation in Oblivion by using Multiple Creature Summoning 1.0 by Sandman.

those draughr skeletons whatever they are, would look nice as a small army, especialy for a necromancer.

Also change summoning animation, put 2 hands instead of one, so it looks like something is rising from the ground( again with necromacy lol)

I for one would approve of improved confuration spells. On a similar note, any word on Daedra and their cults? It would be kind of weird suddenly not having them. Some people have said the nords may be too disinclined towards magic/not smart enough to conjure Daedra. Maybe, but I can imagine the cult of one Prince or another liking the remote and inhospitable terrain of Skyrim. Edited by nyxalinth

Im preety sure deadra and aedra shrines are confirmed, its in the offical skyrim information thread. Well that dragon priest conjured frost atronach so i can imagine he's summonable for us too. I just hope they don't put generaly the same summons as in oblivion with animations improved only.

Actually seeing the list of creatures, they are preety diffrent then oblivion so maybe an entire new list?

Edited by jancina25

I will be playing as a summoner. In MW I heavily relied on my little army of lesser bone walkers I summoned from amulets. Allowing me to have effectively an unlimited meat shield. I see why they nerfed it a bit for Ob. but really my 1 headless zombie that I could summon in Ob was way too nerfed. Also the whole recharging of any enchanted equipment made things so very tedious that I had to resort to mods to make a summoner viable let alone fun.

I hope I get to be quite strong focused on conjuration. ideally it should be level for level perk for perk equally as powerful as any other school. I mean what use are summons if not purely for battle?

It'd be awesome if they have conjuration with Supreme Magicka implements. Oh wait, I forgot, PERKS! They're going to have perks for schools! Oh damn.... I'm even more excited now.

Since every skill will get perks, what perks could conjuration get? all creatures gets + 100 health + 100 magicka? and those kinda stuff, or increased time of summoning?

Since there is no spell creation, I expect most of your summons will be one shot affairs. ie there is only one sort of summon frost atronach. And your skill level and whether you do the 2hd wield of it will determine it's power, same with other spells, like you might have a few levels of each type of fire spell , lesser fireball(weak basic projectile), greater flame thrower(mid flamethrower type effect), grand fire blast (high level AE spell) etc.

I don't see the need for 20 different frost atronach spells that all have different times. maybe you hold down the cast button and your manna starts to drain, and you release and that is how you spend more magicka on the spell, rather than having several spells each at different ratings. The higher your conjuration skill is more effective the summon is and less time it takes to charge a more powerful /longer lasting summon

Or they just all just last for 60s or something.

Your conjuration skill level will reflect your ability to learn higher level spells and what summons you can get/use. Perhaps also coupled with its actual spawn level.

Perks may allow you to increase duration, power/powers, and hopefully number of summons. If you can't have multiple summoning perks I think that perk tree is going to be rather bland. Even with what I suggest it'll be kind of bland :/

Hopefully there is a bunch of good stuff that'll be in that I am not thinking of. Because admittedly that isn't the best thing I even thought of.

Edited by Ghogiel

@ Ghogiel

Summoning isn't the only thing you can do with conjuration, you can also bind armor and weapons to you for a short time, though I'll admit I've never used it before, though I'd imagine there would be perks for that in the conjuration tree as well.