Conjuration

jancina25

Summoning isn't the only thing you can do with conjuration, you can also bind armor and weapons to you for a short time, though I'll admit I've never used it before, though I'd imagine there would be perks for that in the conjuration tree as well.

I used it. It was very effective at early levels in Ob actually. You basically have the highest level weapon and armor in the game, pretty much at like lvl1-10.

After that it is worthless.

I used it. It was very effective at early levels in Ob actually. You basically have the highest level weapon and armor in the game, pretty much at like lvl1-10.

After that it is worthless.

That fault lies more with the level-scaling than it does with the effectiveness of the spells, eventually almost everything except the most effective weapons and spells would become useless as you got near your character's level cap and every enemy had large amounts of health.

Im preety sure deadra and aedra shrines are confirmed, its in the offical skyrim information thread. Well that dragon priest conjured frost atronach so i can imagine he's summonable for us too. I just hope they don't put generaly the same summons as in oblivion with animations improved only.

Actually seeing the list of creatures, they are preety diffrent then oblivion so maybe an entire new list?

That was a Frost Atronach? Jeez they get weirder looking with each game. Flame Atronachs looked like silly little girls; I wonder how they'll mangle them this time? Well, as long as the Dremora look decent this time I'll be happy :D

All griping aside, I'm looking forward to this game. I'll be getting an xbox 360 to play it because I wont be able to afford a decent computer for a long while yet.

I just hope that the summoned creatures are different from there base counter parts. In Oblivion, the best summons such as lich, were rendered useless because of the fact that they had buff and debuff spells in there spell book. This wouldn't be a problem, but they'd make buffing themselves and debuffing the enemy such a big priority that by the time they finished and started attacking, they had just a few seconds left.

Im preety sure deadra and aedra shrines are confirmed, its in the offical skyrim information thread. Well that dragon priest conjured frost atronach so i can imagine he's summonable for us too. I just hope they don't put generaly the same summons as in oblivion with animations improved only.

Actually seeing the list of creatures, they are preety diffrent then oblivion so maybe an entire new list?

That was a Frost Atronach? Jeez they get weirder looking with each game. Flame Atronachs looked like silly little girls; I wonder how they'll mangle them this time? Well, as long as the Dremora look decent this time I'll be happy :D

All griping aside, I'm looking forward to this game. I'll be getting an xbox 360 to play it because I wont be able to afford a decent computer for a long while yet.

WHAT that frost astronach looked so BA I was stoked to see that And yeah I'll be getting foe xbox to my cmop is trash I miss my mods but I'll be ok

Corakus mentioned equipment bounding which got me thinking. At first I was like, "Man, I never used bounding, it was lame." Then I remembered how each spell is going to have different use "types" or whatever. I initially thought, "How could they possible have more than one spell 'type' for a spell that equips a dagger to me." That led to this epiphany, bound weapon could go from my least favorite spell, to absolute favorite spell if they do what I am thinking they'll do. I'll explain:

From the demos, the max number of spell use types is at least three. The fire spell had the "close range/self" type of flamethrower, the "Ranged vs Enemy" version of a straightforward ranged fireball, and we were told it will have a "Ranged vs. Environment" version of a fire glyph trap.

I think what might end up happening for the bound weapons, lets say "Bound Sword" for now, is that the "close range/self" will bound a weapon to you, the "Ranged vs Enemy" will launch a summoned sword at an enemy, and the "Ranged vs. Environment" will be something like making a spike trap of blades or something.

Man, I really hope they do something like that, the spell would be versatile and sweet.

Also, what do people think will happen for all the other conjuration spells with regards to spell 'types'?

Also, hi there, Lurker signing in.

Edited by Midnak

@ Midnak: Agreed, as it would make it into a nice utility spell.

What I would like to see would be the ability to:

1. Conjur groups of weak creatures to swamp my enemies, mostly so I can shout "Attack, my minions!" in front of my PC.

2. Lengthen the time limit or just remove it entirely and just keep the health bar.

3. Make the equipement conjuration a bit more streamline, so that I can summon an entire suit of armour and weapons with one spell.

Just some ideas i think it would be cool if you could summon birds to distract them or maybe have a eye peck animation. Then when the birds leave your enemys are blind and flail their weapons. I think it would be possible and would provide some different gameplay with magic. I think this would be awesome but probs wont be in the game.