Wanted: Co-op LAN mod for Skyrim.

plumata

Think you be better off just redesigning skyrim on a mmo style engine...I think dreamworld is the best mmo engine out far as tech goes. Ya you can make a multi player mod but just look how god awful oblivion coop mod ran fulled with unending bugs that will never go away, after ppl tried that mod all of a sudden multi player wasnt important anymore. Might be a ton of work redesigning it on a more practical engine but thats better then a mod that works a 1/4 of the time if your lucky.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I normally play online games like cod4 and starcraft II.

Whenever we were bored with scrimming or pubbing in general, me and another guy would play oblivion. We played for hours, just talking on ventrilo about quests, where each of us was in the game etc.

So yea there was a downside we weren't playing in the same game but it was still fun racing through oblivion or just talking about some things in general. I can't play oblivion on my own anymore, i miss the unique conversations you'd always get into about a certain quest or a mod. Then someone else would come in the channel and have no idea what the hell we were talking about.

Were both planning on getting skyrim when it comes out and doing the same thing, were also going to race and see who beats the entire game first, should be fun xD

Enclosing i never even looked at the oblivion multiplayer, i knew it existed while playing the game, but i also knew how much you gotta break the game to get at least some workable version. To me playing separate copies was just fine, and we still had loads of fun.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I'm guessing there is a bad chance of this being out anytime near when we get the game?

How can they modify the game even before the game is actually released?

If you ask me there is no chance that this will be made at all.

Especially because of Radiant AI.

So I'm guessing there is a bad chance of this being out anytime near when we get the game?

How can they modify the game even before the game is actually released?

If you ask me there is no chance that this will be made at all.

Especially because of Radiant AI.

I was referring to it coming out in some timely fashion within, say a year after skyrim is released. Yes there will be bugs but I'm willing to bet its not impossible.

People haven't been able to do it with Oblivion yet and that's years old. Good luck finding someone to do it properly in Skyrim. You're basically asking for an MMO in a single player game.

Co-Op would be great but it's practically impossible. From what I've seen with regards to Oblivion, only recently could you have two people play on the same computer. Not to mention Skyrim is now coupled with Steam.

Edited by Lord J

People haven't been able to do it with Oblivion yet and that's years old. Good luck finding someone to do it properly in Skyrim. You're basically asking for an MMO in a single player game.

Co-Op would be great but it's practically impossible. From what I've seen with regards to Oblivion, only recently could you have two people play on the same computer. Not to mention Skyrim is now coupled with Steam.

I thought beth did away with the need to stay online while playing the game like in NV?

I thought beth did away with the need to stay online while playing the game like in NV?

just because its on steam doesnt mean you need to be online .. just set steam to offline mode

Is there such a problem in him offering a reward for someone to try? Sure. Maybe it has failed in the past, but that doesn't mean someone new can't come up with a new idea and way of doing it.

He isn't saying "I WANT MULTIPLAYER NOW" He's simply trying to inspire people to attempt it!

I'm sure if someone spent a huge amount of time, dedication, and hard work, but ended up failing, he might considering rewarding them for their hard work as well.