Wanted: Co-op LAN mod for Skyrim.

plumata

With enough time, effort and money, I'm sure a car could be modified to fly or travel underwater. But pretty much anyone will tell you that it would be much easier to start building an aeroplane or submarine from scratch.

Likewise, all the Elder Scrolls games so far were designed as single player games. If Skyrim follows suit like we expect it to, it would probably be a lot easier to create an entire game engine from scratch and then port Skyrim's content into it (quite likely followed by some exciting legal action.)

As for creating an entire game engine from scratch, Bethesda had an entire studio of full-time staff working on it for goodness knows how many years - that's how much work it would take.

I love the idea of multi-player Skyrim as much as I love Volkswagen Beetles that can fly... but sadly, neither idea passes the reality check.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If someone hypothetically got it to work, online multiplayer wouldn't be so far off. You could use Hamachi and play online with friends, assuming you had a working LAN version. Would be pretty cool, but I still prefer a single player experience, and this would be a hell of a lot of work. The person(s) making this would probably want it for a lot more reasons than $100.

Technically speaking rift and war hammer was made by game byro so that alone it being a mmo it is possible for multi player just takes the right programmer to do it

byro is just the baseline .. its an engine that lends itself to large scale game maps .. simple as that .. notice how different all those games are? .. thats because they really are completely different engines after the dev teams start work