Ad reporting functionality

Dark0ne

I will admit to having used adblocker recently on the nexus. Not because i hate ads or dont want to see them. They dont bother me for the most part. I started using adblocker for another site entierly then came to the nexus and forgot to turn it off. I noticed a 50 percent increase (no joke) in page load speeds. I turnes it off and page load speeds dropped to a crawl. I know this is becaus of ad servers and analytics sites aand other stuff but 50% is a huge increase especially when you consider the need to have multiple tabs open because the back button doesnt take you to your search results. It takes you to a generic search result page.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #37345025.

penguins2387 wrote: I will admit to having used adblocker recently on the nexus. Not because i hate ads or dont want to see them. They dont bother me for the most part. I started using adblocker for another site entierly then came to the nexus and forgot to turn it off. I noticed a 50 percent increase (no joke) in page load speeds. I turnes it off and page load speeds dropped to a crawl. I know this is becaus of ad servers and analytics sites aand other stuff but 50% is a huge increase especially when you consider the need to have multiple tabs open because the back button doesnt take you to your search results. It takes you to a generic search result page.

After reading this news post and finally realising the enormous cost of running the nexus. Ill pay to remove ads (once my computer starts working again. Its broken at the moment due to malicious ads (irony) lol) Edited by penguins2387

I also use adblocker and also for the reason that the page load speed dramatically dropped when i turn it off.( even though my d/l speed is high and my pc is beasty )

However having read this article and having a little recap of all the mods ive downloaded from this site for free (and those yet to download )ive decided to become a supporter.

Keep up the good work Nexus,And thanks to the modders that make my good games GREAT.

i have simply received one too many trojans from the ads on this site. As i am a frequent user, and do not visit the seedy parts of the internet from this computer, plus time/date stamp on notifications, i am attempting to see whether i am truly correct on this hypothesis or am just full of bologna. I do not mind the adds, but they crash my browser (chrome) and slow down my experience as of late. I hate what the internet has become in the last 15 years with ads and tracking and all, so thank you to all who make nexus a wonderful site!

I visit Nexus on my android smartphone (no adblock) a lot and the ads are horrible, full screen popups all the time. Some of them have even had loud vids included. No "report this ad button" to press. Please, ban ALL mobile specific ads. don't mind "desktop-style" ads, its the mobile specific ad servers that serve malware and loud annoying full screen popups.

In response to post #36969685.

AraFox wrote: For my part, as a former site owner I fully understand the cost and stress of trying to manage upkeep on an active website. There will never be a time that I am an active member here when I am not contributing monthly. Yes, it's probably cheaper and easier to do the lifetime membership, but I'm trying to support the site, not safe a few bucks. I think this ad solution is more than fair.

Yup. I pay on a monthly base too. Keeps supporting this amazing site I owe so much to because of this site, my Skyrim and Fallout 4 experiences have been great.

I used this site as a free member for a while and felt that is had so much going I paid premium. I value what I get for my payment highly. Keeping Premium ad free is important to me as well as contributing to the amazing work here.