What do you classify yourself as?

Marxist ßastard

What do you classify yourself as?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What do you classify yourself as? (US politics)

• Liberal Democrat (far left)
    • Conservative Democrat (middle left)
    • Liberal Republican (middle right)
    • Conservative Republican (far right)
  2. 2. Which Political Compass quadrant are you in?

• Authoritarian left
    • Authoritarian right
    • Libertarian left
    • Libertarian right
  3. 3. Which Political Compass attribute do you score highest on?

Well I don't think anyone will be surprised at this. I took the little test also but really I think I am more moderate than it gave. Many of the questions I would have been more neutral than it allowed so I had to pic the next closest which was usually (but surprisingly not always) the left.

For anyone interested...

I'm a dirty, dirty girl. lol No poking fun at me Marxist....long time, no see btw. Nice to see you back again.

http://i63.tinypic.com/16hm39w.png

No poking fun at me Marxist

Why would I, when I got nearly the same result? pinch.gif I guess these days I'm in transition from a Trostsky to a Goldman.

Cause you poke fun at everybody? lol And Lolth's undies! Nearly the same result! I am sure that has to be the 7th sign of something! Again I think I have moved toward center more than the test indicates, as least on some topics. Wasn't it Churchill that said, When you are young if you are not a liberal you have no heart, and when you are old if you are a liberal you have no mind? *snort*

Old age, kids, taxes...one's crappy 401K and retirement funds...all hard on a liberal heart. ha ha haaa

Anyway interesting for sure. Now they can mark us my our colors.

Now that was... interesting. When that last poll took place, I had not even heard of the Nexus. Definitely interesting. I do not live in the US, but since I had to vote for each section for the system to accept the response, I picked the modest left one. Also, in the political compass test, there were questions that I found contradictory, as in, some of the authoritarian-style questions were totally nuts, whereas others were pretty reasonable. The same goes with all the categories. For example, separating authoritarian rule to one separate state "management" sort of section to handle continuous consistent management of a country by a board of professional could be interesting - but combining authoritarian rule with everything from art, school and nationalism is not the thing I had in mind. Like art, everyone has their own views on what art is, and that is fine by me. The same goes with people. It is great to have some variety. But when it comes to political rule, that one should be moved from politicians and people to a select group or university level professionals (not greedy, selfish or icompetent people, jeez, never to them). And when it comes to business, I think government should direct corporations when they become large enough, so that it is the government in charge, not the corporation. But small businesses should be allowed to act freely. Hmm.

So maybe it is the idea, to ask different questions from the same categories, but it is actually a bit misleading. Maybe. Or maybe it is me not fixed on any particular stereotypic stance on politics. If I had to choose between left, right, authoritarian and liberal, I would probably pick my own combination of them. :blush:

https://www.politicalcompass.org/chart?ec=-7.38&soc=-0.51

Edit: Hmm. There is no image, it seems. Odd. And I do not know of any image hosting services that will not replace old images with spam, so the link can do.

Edited by Contrathetix

Not much of a surprise, though I thought some questions were a bit leading.

How you frame a question can be an attempt to influence the answer.

A couple of questions I would have preferred to answer with 'none of the above'.

There was no poll option for moderate republican....(we do exist) intentional omission?

http://i.imgur.com/bJLEDEa.png

http://i.imgur.com/9kIiKV3.png

Not what I expected then I had a look at where that site had placed various UK parties and that was nonsense so I'll take the whole thing with a pinch of salt.

Not much of a surprise, though I thought some questions were a bit leading.

How you frame a question can be an attempt to influence the answer.

A couple of questions I would have preferred to answer with 'none of the above'.

There was no poll option for moderate republican....(we do exist) intentional omission?

http://i.imgur.com/bJLEDEa.png

That what I was saying that I wished there had been some closer to neutral answers. I usually had to pick more left (not always as I said) though if there had been a don't care of something I would have chosen than on some of them.