What do you classify yourself as?

Marxist ßastard

What do you classify yourself as?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What do you classify yourself as? (US politics)

• Liberal Democrat (far left)
    • Conservative Democrat (middle left)
    • Liberal Republican (middle right)
    • Conservative Republican (far right)
  2. 2. Which Political Compass quadrant are you in?

• Authoritarian left
    • Authoritarian right
    • Libertarian left
    • Libertarian right
  3. 3. Which Political Compass attribute do you score highest on?

With the political parties slowly sliding away from the people, I wonder how they would fare in this test.

I was wondering just that. The UK parties are on there.

My guess is most parties are authoritarian in some degree, as that is what a government does, no?

I think personal and inter-personal (party) politics are what cause a lot of friction, because they can be very contradictory at times - we like to have choice, but we also like rubbish to be taken care of. It's a bit like making a big decision about something, but on a mass scale. Ultimately, in order to get stuff done the process is simplified and then hoped to level out. What is particularly fascinating is how 'separate' schools of thought are converging as we seem to be reaching some sort of tipping point. Bit like an avalanche, like you suggested.

With the political parties slowly sliding away from the people, I wonder how they would fare in this test.

That is a very good question, not one I think we would like the answer to though.... Of course, that assumes that any politician would answer it honestly, and not simply give the answer they think we want to hear....... I know, using the word "honestly" and "Politician" in the same sentence, without a negative in between, is rather naive..... :D

• 2 weeks later...

I´m sort of a "do what you want as long as you don´t impose it on someone who doesn´t want it" kind of guy. In other words, no, I don´t want a kick in the bum because that´s imposing your will on me when I don´t want it :wink:

Regarding politics I don´t affiliate myself with any party. I have values and such but to me politics are poison and I want as little to do with it as possible.

Edited by Mirocu

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not shocked, but I'm also not convinced the test is an entirely accurate depiction.

I think of myself as a touch more conservative than the results, but they aren't entirely wrong either.

http://i68.tinypic.com/25fis6h.jpg

• 3 weeks later...