FCOM Convergence

XGLX

Hi all,

Im attempting for the first time to try and get FCOM Convergence running, but am having a lot of difficulty. I have all the main mods downloaded and installed, but am having trouble getting wrye bash to work. I installed wrye bash 291 installer along with python 2.5.2 and wxPython 2.8.7.1 but after i install it all, wrye bash will not run. I double click it and nothing happens. Anyone playing FCOM or have any pointers/ideas to help me out???

Cheers.

i tried the 03a pack lastnite, I uninstalled the other wrye bash and python tools then tried this one and still it doesnt make any difference, i really dont understand this wrye bash thing.

Don't blame yourself lol. By design, Python isn't exactly a user-friendly thing. It was designed for programmers or nerds. Kinda like computers 15 years ago.

Okay, now the 03a pack will only give you the Python tools that Wrye Bash needs to run. Think of it as the engine of a car, and everything that goes under the hood. As a regular user, you don't need to see this stuff or really know how it works (though knowledge of that can help you out too). But you can safely leave that stuff to the mechanics (programmers). But you definitely need every part of it to get your vehicle (Wrye Bash) to run. So make sure you install everything properly.

Wrye Bash itself would be the interface that allows you to manipulate the data. Think of it as the driver's seat, steering wheel and all other stuff that the driver actually sees and touches inside the car. That being said, you still need to install Wrye Bash after you install the Python tools from Wrye Python 03a.

When that's done, just run the file called Wrye Bash Launcher.pyw. I can't remember if it makes a desktop shortcut by default. If it doesn't, it'd be a good idea to make a shortcut of that now.

And voila! You should have Wrye Bash up and running by then.

Report back here if you still have problems. :dance:

Hi UNKNOWNYMOUS,

I now have wrye bash up and running. I have now re-installed all the ESSENTIAL mods that FCOM requires. Following the first time installers guide (http://devnull.sweetdanger.net/fcominstall.html) I have checked the mods in wrye bash and I believe I have merged them all together. This process of merging took about 10 mins or so). Then I assume in the data files tab in the oblivion launcher I just choose the bashed patch right? I do this but I get a CTD immediately after I launch the game. In my eyes atleast the guide from the FCOM site doesn't explain things well and I dont feel that confident that I did everything right in wrye bash. More help? are you actually playing with the FCOM mod? Do you have or know of somewhere or someone that has a better guide to get this running??

Cheers.

This is the settings I use for my current FCOM setup - it seems pretty stable. I've stuck it in spoiler tags just because it's long. It's cribbed pretty much entirely from the FCOM superpack install instructions, with a few added comments

BASHED PATCH

NOTE: You need Wrye Python 3a to use Wrye Bash, download it here: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=22368

If you don't want to register, just look for it on google.

A) Run Wrye Bash (if you missed the shortcut in "Desktop/FCOMSuperPack Tools", open "Wrye Bash Launcher" in "Oblivion/Mopy").

-Check "Yes" to the pop up.

B) Left-click on "Modify Times" column in order to sort the mods by load order (times).

C) On the down-left side of the window there is a bar, check for "BOSS", if you hover the cursor on it, it will display "Launch BOSS", click on it. A txt file will open showing the esp list.

D) Check the sorting order: the first mod should be "Oblivion.esm [sI]" and the last "Bashed Patch.esp".

-If after running BOSS mods will not change order, try to right-click on the Modify Times column tab and uncheck "Lock Times", then run BOSS again.

E) Enable ALL the mods.

F) Right click on "Bashed Patch, 0.esp" (the penultimate in the list) and select "Rebuild Patch".

-If a pop-up window will ask you to deactivate some esps, say YES.

G) Now organize Bash Patch options like this:

• Alias Mod Names - DON'T check

• Merge Patches - Check EVERYTING

• Import Actors - Check EVERYTING

• Import Actors: AIPackages - Check EVERYTING

• Import Actors: Animations - DON'T check

• Import Actors: Death Items - UN-CHECK "Oblivion WarCry EV.esp"

• Import Cells - Check EVERYTING

• Import Factions - UN-CHECK "Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul.esp"

• Import Graphics - Check EVERYTING

• Import Inventory - Check EVERYTING

• Import NPC Faces - Check EVERYTING

• Import Names - Check ONLY from Mart's Monster Mod.esm(include) to SupremeMagicka.esp(include) and add also "Guards_Names.csv" and "Rational_Names.csv"

• Import Relations - UN-CHECK "Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul.esp" and "Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul.esm"

• Import Roads - DON'T check

• Import Scripts Con. - DON'T check

• Import Scripts - Check EVERYTING

• Import Sounds - DON'T check

• Import Spell Stats - DON'T check

• Import Spells - DON'T check

• Import Stats - Check EVERYTING

• Globals - Check only Timescale [Custom] 15.00

• Tweak Actors - DON'T check

• Tweak Assorted - Check only Bow Reach Fix, DarNified Books, Magic: Script Effect Silencer, Nvidia Fog Fix

• Tweak Clothes - DON'T check

• Tweak Names - DON'T check

• Tweak Settings - Check only Cell Respawn Time [10 Days], Essential NPC Unconsciusness [30 Seconds], Greeting Distance [125], Horse Turning Speed [x 2.0], Msg: Equip Misc. Item [Hmm...], UOP Vampire Aging and Face Fix.esp (this last one lets you disable the esp from the UOP and thus free up a slot)

Only check the COBL stuff if you ahve installed COBL

• Cobl Catalogs - Check

• Cobl Exhaustion - Check EVERYTING

• Contents Checker - DON'T check

• Leveled Lists - Check -> Automatic

• Morph Factions - DON'T check

• Power Exhaustion - DON'T check

• Race Records - Check EVERYTING

• SEWorld Tests - Check

-Select OK and wait for it to finish loading, when it's finished close Bash.

Yes I'm running FCOM. Also, don't use the Oblivion Launcher anymore for activating mods. The reason is that some mods must be deactivated for them to work properly with the bashed patch, and you can't tell which ones they are from the launcher. You do practically everything in Wrye Bash (you need to rebuild your bashed patch anyway).

hi everyone just want to say i still havent fixed my problem i havent been able to comment for the last several days cause been really busy with work. Im gonna try fcom some more and explain in detail what im doing and what i dont understrand. back soon guys.

Just a quick comment on Wrye Bash - I tried an update from v291 to v292 yesterday, and tried the standalone instead of the python-based version. Failed totally to run. Used the python-based v292 and everything was fine.