CD Projekt and The Witcher

Huh?? You mean it's possible to "import" your character from the first game? I should point out I only picked TW2 yesterday ... (been playing the other TW2 so haven't been nosing around forums) so I'm a virtual noob at this one.

Other TW 2 ? Nevermind i think i know the one your talking about .

But yes you can import your character from TW 1 although "import" is a loose word . You still start from level 1 abilities what gets imported is some of the equipment and armor you had in TW 1 and some gold as well as some of the choices you made in the 1st Witcher . Although it`s no big loss if you don`t import.

Edited by tommy5761

Thanks, I never realised that, I didn't get anything as my install of TW1 is on a different drive. I'll try moving my old saves folder over when I start my next game as I guess that's where the info is read from.

(The other TW2 is Two Worlds 2)

There are different possible world states at the start of TW2 depending on various decisions you made in TW1.

Nice, so you've given us a reason to fire up the first game again and replay with different decisions in order to find out the changes in the second game. :thumbsup:

Sneaky....but nice! :biggrin:

There are different possible world states at the start of TW2 depending on various decisions you made in TW1.

Nice, so you've given us a reason to fire up the first game again and replay with different decisions in order to find out the changes in the second game. :thumbsup:

Sneaky....but nice! :biggrin:

My first play was a non import game and the 2nd is where i sided with order and am currently in act 2 siding with non humans just to mess with them a bit to see how it plays out .

Was there much difference in the opening sequences?

Can`t really say...I started the game on 1.0 and of course they released 1.1 and 1.2 which kinda screwed things up so had to reinstall and kinda lost track on where i was . From what i can tell so far the prolog starts the same .

Ha! I checked my online delivery status a few minutes ago and it said delivered yesterday! I checked the mailbox and sure nuff, there they be.

Looks like I get to install and play both Battlefield: Bad Company 2 AND The Witcher 2 in the 1st few minutes of my birthday. Yippie!

I better not stay up too late because I'm having a big party morning @ 9am...a target shooting party till noon or whenever we run out of bullets that we've been re-loading for the last couple of weeks. :D

EDIT:

I started to install BC2 first and when it asked for the CD key, I couldn't find it. I eventually found it in the manual-like thing on the back which blended in with the page. I was freaking out there for a few minutes. :laugh:

The Witcher 1 is one of my favorite games ever. I agree the walking around can get tiresome after a while but you do less of that later on. I personally didnt mind the combat after awhile because you can do it without looking after playing for some time. The Witcher 2 is probably up with Oblivion on my favorite all time games. After all i beat it twice in its opening week! :D

Are you planning to play BC2 online or just single-player? Probably should have mentioned that I wouldn't recommend it if you're just planning to play single-player. I didn't even play the SP; Battlefield games are really only for the MP aspect, where they excel brilliantly compared to tripe like MW2.