Oblivion Vs Fallout Files

Daledge

Apologies on the location.. Didn't know whether to put it in the Oblivion or Fallout sections.

Anyway, could someone tell me whether either of the Fallouts use .Nif or .dds files like Oblivion?

Thanks in advance,

Daledge.

If it's custom content (new weapon mods, or clothing/armor stuff), it's legal to make versions from one game to another, as long as it's your stuff or you have clearance from the mod's creator. We have a lot of mods in Oblivion that are updated versions of mods from Morrowind. Mostly clothes and armor, and weapons.

What you can't do is port vanilla content from one game to another.

Dammit.. It was the vanilla stuff I was after. :wallbash: Oh well.. I guess I can just attempt to recreate somethings? Edited by Daledge

Yes, you can try to make your own versions, not using the original resources, and those could be shared. I'd advise making them a little bit different so that people don't report it as a rip and it is easy for staff to tell it isn't if they do.

Here is this site's FAQ about porting. It should clear up most of your questions about what is allowed and not allowed here. :)

http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/377405-porting-content-from-other-games/

I believe the OP was asking whether or not Oblivion data files are compatible with Fallout 3 and Fallout new vegas files, and that if he was allowed to import those said files into fallout. You are allowed to import those said files into Fallout, but you have to keep them to yourself, meaning that it is okay to move those files to your Fallout folder, but it is not alright for you to upload those said files to the internet so that others may use it. You have to keep those to yourself.