Fallout 4 GDC 2016 Talk - Creation Kit Info

trillville

2016 GDC Presentation Slides here: http://b.hatena.ne.jp/entry/www.slideshare.net/JoelBurgess/gdc-2016-modular-level-design-of-fallout-4.

If you go to slide 133, you'll see that the Creation Kit implements a material editor system to add variation to modular building kits. Pretty neat!

Also, individual kits look a lot more modular this time around. Even the machine props have an insane degree of granularity.

Edited by trillville

I did a quick look in this and I am sure many modders will be both chomping at the bit and complaining about things. Good to know that will be modding as normal.

However the picture of the road system of New York and then Boston in the next slide cracked me up. Having had the emm...honor..of driving in Boston I can tell you that is EXACTLY how I feel about it. Love the city, really...don't even want to drive in or around it again...EVER.

I did a quick look in this and I am sure many modders will be both chomping at the bit and complaining about things. Good to know that will be modding as normal.

However the picture of the road system of New York and then Boston in the next slide cracked me up. Having had the emm...honor..of driving in Boston I can tell you that is EXACTLY how I feel about it. Love the city, really...don't even want to drive in or around it again...EVER.

You can get in, but you can never get out. :)