Evolution

Akrid

How can you question other people's experiences? If it's real to them, and happened to them, it's real to the whole world. Even the movie The Exorcist is a true story. Look up on its documentation. As I said, find out for your own. Everyone does. My mentee did at twelve years old being tormented by a demon. That's just not right. Shows how much of a jerk demons are. :angry2:

My brother also saw demons coming out of walls. He was terrified! Across the room my dad's drawerrs were shaking with the door opening and closing. It's strange how it's basically the same thing that happened to my mentee. I don't know why it's repeated - probably scare tactic #1.

Anyhoo, that's my experience, my bro's experience, and my mentee's experience. Think of it as you will. Doesn't matter to me.

peace,

pHiL

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can question someone's experiences because some people don't live in a world called reality.

As for everyone you know experiencing demons... there is something going on wherever you are that I think isn't related to demons. Where I am absolutely no one has ever claimed to see demons, let alone members of my own family.

Experiences are subjective. Science, the law, and other things which try to be impartial, try to be as objective as possible. It's why, in a court room, they don't only take one person's testimony and assume for it to be true. There must be evidence that agrees with itself to verify said evidence, and it must come from several witnesses generally.

For example, if someone dies, you can't go "Oh, it was a demon that did it!"

The law will not accept that. If you ask "What scarred this child?" Demon attack is, again, not a valid answer.

David Hume wrote extensively on this, although he leaned more on miracles. He said that all the popular views of miracles are never very accurately recorded or scientifically viewed. There are few witnesses who testify who would stand to lose a lot by doing so (For example the president saying demons came out of his wall might lose a lot of votes.)

Maybe demons do attack you. If so, I would wonder why they exist (and I personally would like to see them) however, without further evidence, I will dismiss it as something you consider to be true, rather than actually being true. However I must recommend that the people in your town check the water for chemicals, just to make sure and rule out hallucinations.

Oh and as for the exorcist being a "true story" Don't believe everything you read. I could tell you that I am really a three legged goat that looks like a human and sounds like one, and that that is a true story.

EDIT: This has nothing to do with evolution and is OT. Lets get back on topic.

Now someone who has something against my essay, or anything else on evolution, please post. If you want to make a thread about demons, do so.

ILikeMorrowind, put down the drugs and look at reality here. Even if we assume you aren't just making all of this up (which is, in my opinion, far too generous), that still says nothing about evolution. The fact that something close to the bible's description of demons is not proof against evolution. Among other things, you ignore the possibility that those parts of the bible were written to explain such things. So the fact that the bible contains those descriptions isn't too impressive, and especially doesn't mean that every word is true.

Second, even if it was true, you ignore the massive ammount of evidence in favor of evolution. Nowhere do you show how to explain this evidence. The bible's story of creation is obviously wrong, as anyone with even a minimal education can tell you. When creating theories you can't just ignore the evidence that doesn't fit what you want to believe.

Finally, I do have trouble accepting everything you say. You've provided no evidence other than your own words. Photographs? Statements from witnesses? Anything? Sure, that's a bit demanding, but that's how any reasonable analysis works. And evolution has been subjected to this analysis, which immediately makes it more believable as fact than your story.

Oh, and as for your "demons"? Evolution won't do anything to them, but physics will. AK-47 + 7.62mm rifle bullets >>> "demons".

How can you question other people's experiences? If it's real to them, and happened to them, it's real to the whole world. Even the movie The Exorcist is a true story. Look up on its documentation. As I said, find out for your own. Everyone does. My mentee did at twelve years old being tormented by a demon. That's just not right. Shows how much of a jerk demons are.

My brother also saw demons coming out of walls. He was terrified! Across the room my dad's drawerrs were shaking with the door opening and closing. It's strange how it's basically the same thing that happened to my mentee. I don't know why it's repeated - probably scare tactic #1.

Anyhoo, that's my experience, my bro's experience, and my mentee's experience. Think of it as you will. Doesn't matter to me.

If I may ask, what has this got to do with Evolution? Talking about how much of a jerk Demons are has absolutley nothing to do with Evolution, if anything your post should go into a Afterlife or Poltergeist thread.

Perhaps you can forget about demons and concentrate on evolution, IlikeMorrowind? Specifically tell me what parts of the theory (The frequency of alleles in a population change over time) you disagree with. Sure there is a great deal implied by that... but that's the basics of it, and the point I am trying to show. If you cannot disprove that statement, then you cannot disprove evolution.

IMO, I love to hear devout religious people try to argue that Evolution isn't real. I mean, if you have ever read the play 'Inherit the Wind' which is about the first Evoultion v Creation trial or the 'Scopes-Monkey Trial' wherein a teacher is arrested and fined for teaching Darwinism to a class in Alabama or Idaho or some place like that. It was against the law to teach Evolution or anything that would contradict the Bible...<_<.

But anyways, there is just too much evidence that life to didn't appear at once on this planet. Back in the days of Lewis and Clark, Jefferson also told them to look for Mammoths, because he thought that since the Bible says all things were created at once, then Mammoths should still be around. I also think he said some stuff about Dinosaurs too. It's just silly though, I always get a kick out of hearing how people believe in that Creationist view of how the Earth was created, it's highly amusing, since they never have a strong enough counter debate to disprove Evolution. It's always some childish answer like 'How do YOU know?' or 'Well, maybe God did that on PURPOSE!?!'. Ahhh, I have to go rest, I need to stop laughing... :lol:

What defines evolution? not that man came from great apes though that is strongly implied by the theory and common sense (where freakin primates!) The definition I think is changing to suit a enviroment, give or take everything I forgot. So when you look at skulls from a couple hundred years ago dug up frim human graves (not simular to human monkeys) there are noticable changes in the skull, as the same for many parts of the human body, we say it's because of our lifestyles, thats BS, adjusting to lifestyles and enviroments is the same damn thing. The fact are there, evolution is true, so if we can change to suit better survival as the world constantly changes then whos to say there is some limit to how much we can addapt in a couple thousand years. B) I know I'm right your wrong, I'm man enuff to admit that.

i do believe in evolution strongly as i believe there is no god.

i have been taught that evolution occurs from dominant and recessive aleales within the 'now human' organism. over many thousands of years we have adapted to different situations and ended up creating a human which seems to be able to do almost anything.

....any way the question that i keep asking is if we have evolved from apes then why havn't the apes that exist on earth at the moment evolved when we did?

Archived