Battlefield 3 Boycott is picking up steam

Thelionheart

I would say that DICE devs are responsible rather than EA, besides do we really know what's going on behind the scenes?

DICE devs are employed by EA, EA and DICE are the same company.

I would say that DICE devs are responsible rather than EA, besides do we really know what's going on behind the scenes?

Again, re-read it. Especially the bolded bit.

I don't need to read anything again, DICE are EA just like Bioware are EA. EA are wholly responsible for what their employees do.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahahaha probably going to not available on steam with EA's Origin :facepalm: They even removed Crysis 2 from steam for it to only be available on Origin. I am starting to lean towards not getting Battlefield 3 as of right now.

I'll be buying Battlefield 3, I'll probably pre-order it soon. It doesn't seem worth it to miss out on a great game just because of pre-order bonuses.

I'll be buying Battlefield 3, I'll probably pre-order it soon. It doesn't seem worth it to miss out on a great game just because of pre-order bonuses.

I am probably gonna hold out on preordering. I already almost clicked accept transaction on Crysis 2.

EA is defending the pre-order bonus

http://pc.ign.com/articles/117/1176227p1.html

sounds like the high teir weapons will be stronger anyways. doesnt seem like a big deal to me.

edit: in fact i checked the pre-order items and the weapon is a shotgun for battlefield free4play... who cares. but you get 4 maps for BF3

Edited by hector530

@Hector your very very wrong on the weapon unlock infact

The Physical warfare pack which is the only weapon pack we know of at this time includes

Exclusive Access for those who buy at www.game.co.uk and www.gamestation.co.uk will receave the:

TYPE 88 LIGHT MACHINE GUN

Exclusive weapon

The Type 88 is a gas-powered, air-cooled light machine gun that comes equipped with a bipod for maximum stability. Setting the bipod up on a suitable surface gives a major boost in accuracy and recoil reduction. With the Type 88, you will completely deny the enemy entry to your area of control.

http://web-vassets.ea.com/Assets/Richmedia/Image/BF3-Warfare-Type-88-LMG-News.jpg

Day One (Early Access) to the DAO-12

http://web-vassets.ea.com/Assets/Richmedia/Image/BF3-Warfare-Pack-Shotgun-News.jpg

Exclusive Access to the Flash Suppressor for the SKS which has been advertised as a must have for Recon playing close to the front, Also exlusive access to the Flechet Ammo

http://web-vassets.ea.com/Assets/Richmedia/Image/BF3-Warfare-Pack-Flash-Ammo-News.jpg

I dunno about you but I am very very ticked off about this, primarly as these will be perminitely exclusive to certain retailers. Now if it was like they did with the DAO-12 Early access I wouldn't care as I can gain access to those guns as I rank up, with this set up I can't. When EA did this in Medal of Honor with steam and the MP7 and gamestop got the M60. Both of these weapons where very very powerful and gave dramitic edge in combat. The M60 could kill a person in 2 or 3 hits I was on sever during the last stage of the map which is urban fighting 4 of the enemy team switched to M60s and put the match to a halt as we couldn't get past the choke point those 4 people made. Even on the Map Fallen Angel I held off the whole enemy team from pushing with the MP7 it might have low damage but it has fast fire rate and a large clip and high penitration. I ended the map 42 and 2 and one of my deaths was because I called in CASS danger close. It was largely ignored in Medal of Honor due to the lack of player base and not many people where made aware of it, but BF3 will have a Massive player base and weapon access and balance is key words in Multiplayer. No one is angry about the Back to Karkand as that is a general Pre-order bonus to everyone, but weapon exclusives to certian retailers in a multiplayer enviroment is a big NO. I know right now I am to angry to send a clear level headed email to EA about it but I will have one ready tommorow, well later today as it is 2:30 am as I am typing this. For those who say it is DICE that did this, it wasn't DICE was made aware this was going to be exclusive to retailers to recently and infact have members of their team actually wanting this feed back to give to EA to stop the exlusive retailer material planned. I might very well join in on this boycott.

To all of those who might say that they shall ignore the pre-order DLC please please please please PLEASE.

He makes great points and is quite intelligent even though he is clearly angry over it. Guys, come on, you should put your principles above this game. We are going to be getting Skyrim, Rage, and a bunch of other awesome games this year. You can skip this one.

on another note EA is pulling things from steam due to upper management decisions, for more info visit this thread I started on Reddit which contains a live chat log with EA customer support.

Is it stupid? Yep. It isn't the first time they've done something like this, though... it isn't even the first time in this franchise. When BF2's expansion came out, there were several powerful weapons and items that were exclusive to people who had the expansion, which could be used in base game servers to the detriment of everyone else playing. It's been a while since I dumped that game, so I don't remember all of it, but flashbangs were one of the items.

I can't say I was ever that excited about BF3... after the craptastic QA support for BF2 that left the no-damage jumping exploit in the game for over a year I kinda lost faith in the schmucks and their ability to produce worthwhile games. Nothing ruins a game like seeing a server full of people bunny-hopping because it makes them immune to all damage from any source as long as they're airborne.

The outrage is several years too late to make a difference. EA/DICE have already figured out that they can get away with it, and I wouldn't be even a little surprised if the game released as buggy and unbalanced as its predecessor on top of the blatant favoritism.

You can't blame EA totally because of it though. So far DICE, EA and retailers are to blame over exclusive DLC. I've been trying to tell you guys but you don't listen. We don't know enough to make a conclusive claim that X did that and it isn't really healthy to do so.

DICE devs are employed by EA, EA and DICE are the same company.

Again, re-read it. Especially the bolded bit.

There is nothing to read again, EA and Dice are the same company. This is down to EA because no other company is involved.