Salutations Fellow Gamers

DarkSpawnCorruption

Is there such a thing as Gamers Block?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Do you get moments to when you just cannot continue in a game?

• Yes, of course! Don't worry it happens to all of us.
    • No! Absolutely not! What are you on Drugs!

Greetings to everyone here, My name is Michael, I am 25 pretty down-to-earth kind of guy and I absolutely love RPG's. My character name of choice is Malakye though sometimes (depending on the situation and other aspects) I'll go with a different name. Anyway...as I said previously I love RPG's I have since I picked up my first one back in 97...can any of you guess which it was :P

From there I delved into the roles of fantasy heros and thwarted evil villains by control pad and joystick until the day came when those games just were not a challenge for me any longer. Then the World of Bioware and Bethesda and WOTC caught my eye. Oh how sweet the world became XD

I have always had an interest in the pen and paper or aka D&D style of RPG's but sadly I live in a pretty remote area and have limited means to meet people. So I never got to experience the epic D&D campaigns I hear so much about. Lately I have had what I guess you call for lack of better words "Gamers Block" I keep jumping from one RPG to the next never really unlocking the passion I know is there. Any tips? Its driving me nuts starting BG, NVM, DA etc over and over again just to well do it all over again >_<

Well there is my introduction, I am honored to be part of your community and hope to have a positive experience here with you all ^_^

Gamer's Block happens to the best (and worst) of us. Don't worry about it.

But enough with the pleasantries; enjoy your complimentary canned message:

Greetings! Here, have some SPAM:

http://www.bruceongames.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/Spam-a-tin-of.jpg :D

Welcome to the family. I'm sure you'll fit right in. :yes:

Cheers,

IndorilTheGreat

Edited by IndorilTheGreat

Greetings and welcome to the Nexus.

Do you get moments to when you just cannot continue in a game?

Cannot or will not? lol.

I've played a bunch of games and I can say that the vast majority that I have are never 100% completed...either because I got distracted, didn't care for the story, got too repetitive or simply forgot.

I don't think I ever reached a point in a game that I could not continue because it got too difficult though. I have been known to walk away from a game that had glitchy controls that was just too irritating to mess with but I cannot remember the names of those games....go figure. hehehe.

LHammonds

• 2 months later...

Gamer's Block happens to the best (and worst) of us. Don't worry about it.

But enough with the pleasantries; enjoy your complimentary canned message:

Greetings! Here, have some SPAM:

http://www.bruceongames.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/Spam-a-tin-of.jpg :D

Welcome to the family. I'm sure you'll fit right in. :yes:

Cheers,

IndorilTheGreat

OMG I love that stuff!

Welcome aboard.

I sometimes get gamer's block, depends on the game. Typicaly though the only thing that causs me to walk away is if the game is either very generic, or has very unentertaining combat.

Mass Effect and Deus Ex HR for me, are the only recent two. Mass Effect for simply being so generic and bland. It felt like a "nothing game" It made me feel nothing, I had nothing invested in the story, I didn't had any reason to give damn about what was happening, and I eventualy just walked away from it about 3 hours from the end(or one hour from the begining, since it was shorter than an expansion pack and half as interesting) And HR for breaking the only promise that made me buy it, which was that of being able to play however I like-even though the game itself was a linear, repetitive, stealth-a-thon that after 3 hours of freedom, locked you into a truly aweful corridor shooter with absolutely nothing to give but frustration and ammo related bugs.

Really now, who makes a shooter then gives you only 3 rounds of ammo per crate? especialy when most guns need 10-20 shots per kill unless you have the one-off, non reusable silencer/laser sight/phased round combo.

Edited by Vindekarr

Welcome!

Well, as the others have said, gamers block indeed happens to the best of us.

I've had it a few times where I simply could not figure out how to proceed or simply got bored with a game because of it's repetitiveness or because the controls simply sucked.

I do still remember when I first played the fps Return to Castle Wolfenstein I had a gamers block when I encountered the first "super soldier" because of the ridiculous amount of ammo it took to take him down. After 1 attempt I simply forgot about the game. I did however finish it later on when someone told me there was still a lot more to the game after that.

More recently I've had it with "Star Wars - the Force Unleased 2", because I could not bind the "jump" command to the right shift button. (yeah, I'm left-handed) I did still manage to finish it later on though.