Hair Physics

hit_man2142

Since Bethesda even made it possible for snow to build layers on the ground, it would be odd if the characters hair in question wouldn't move because of the wind, just my opinion :)

I agree that it would be very nice to have this feature.

However, I'm not so sure it will be implemented. Judging from the screenies I've seen, the hair looks pretty static.

Pretty sure the hair is still static, though I do want physics on them as well.Would be much easier to play as my Legolas wannabe if his hair wasn't clipping straight through his bow and his back.

In the demo, I think I saw one of the giant's bag moving side to side when he was walking, though I don't know if it was just an animation or actual physics on it. Other than that, I haven't seen any physics improvement. I would like both hair and cloth physics in the game, but if I had to choose only one, Id go with the hair one. Edited by leinsanemind

Hair physics are foolishly hard to implement into a game without having the CPU cry out and burst into flames. (At least, this is what my friend tells me. He does work in programming, so I suppose I am inclined to believe him.)

If anything, I would be okay if they simply fixed the clipping on hair and left it static. I would sooner have better clothing/armor physics then hair. Just my opinion though.

I've seen clothes with physics before. Is hair really that much harder to do?

Yes for realistic looking hair that doesn't move in clumps. The clothes in Mafia 2 caused performance issues, I shudder to think what hair would do.