1. 1. Nudity?

• Yay
    • Nay

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nay

Reason 1 - I want to be able to play it without having to worry that my young children are seeing something they don't need to (as well as older friends and family who would be very offended if they did see it).

Reason 2 - It's unnecessary, there will be mods aplenty that allow it, so it's a waste of time and resources to include it at release.

Nay

Reason 1 - I want to be able to play it without having to worry that my young children are seeing something they don't need to (as well as older friends and family who would be very offended if they did see it).

Reason 2 - It's unnecessary, there will be mods aplenty that allow it, so it's a waste of time and resources to include it at release.

Seeing someone naked is natural, we as a society have made it a sexually based thing. Thus fear of perversion and why it's not deemed correct. Nudity is not wrong. We've just painted ourselves into a corner.

I agree with the waste of resources, this is without a doubt true. That being said and being open minded. I think I'd rather have children seeing boobs or a buttocks, then seeing a person impaled on the blade of my sword. Or murdering poor little wolfy.

Yes .. Censoring ourselves to keep from fox news or some other media group from doing it is just silly. Corporate censorship is one of the most evil forms of humanity in my opinion .. But we already know they will be wearing underpants so this is a little pointless .. Let the modders at it ^__^

As far as ratings go .. I believe "The Witcher 2" is already on its way to the 360 .. So clearly the adult rating wouldn't really be a problem.

Edited by jedimembrain

Yes .. Censoring ourselves to keep from fox news or some other media group from doing it is just silly. Corporate censorship is one of the most evil forms of humanity in my opinion .. But we already know they will be wearing underpants so this is a little pointless .. Let the modders at it ^__^

As far as ratings go .. I believe "The Witcher 2" is already on its way to the 360 .. So clearly the adult rating wouldn't really be a problem.

Yea then it gets turned to AO due to massive media coverage and Bethesda loses a ton of money.

I say no because The nudity that is found in the mods would make Skyrim an AO rating. This would mean it wouldn't be able to be sold in stores. I'm also not a huge fan of nudity in games anyway because we'd get thje Fawks 'News' type of media coverage again, which we don't need.

*roles eyes* .. your people don't get it .. its not about nudity or the AO ratings .. its about censorship .. If you censor yourself to avoid conflict all your doing is giving in and letting the prudes and extreme religious types win .. I don't care if there is nudity in the game .. its pointless for Skyrim .. whats the big deal? See a naked Argonian corps when you loot the body? lols .. I think its pointless for THIS game but to say no only because your afraid of an AO rating is just wrong .. Plus plenty of stores will carry AO games .. are you all forgetting the witcher and the witcher 2?? Ive yet to find a store that doesnt carry that game .. the only thing that matters to a store is if they can make money of the game

*roles eyes* .. your people don't get it .. its not about nudity or the AO ratings .. its about censorship .. If you censor yourself to avoid conflict all your doing is giving in and letting the prudes and extreme religious types win .. I don't care if there is nudity in the game .. its pointless for Skyrim .. whats the big deal? See a naked Argonian corps when you loot the body? lols .. I think its pointless for THIS game but to say no only because your afraid of an AO rating is just wrong .. Plus plenty of stores will carry AO games .. are you all forgetting the witcher and the witcher 2?? Ive yet to find a store that doesnt carry that game .. the only thing that matters to a store is if they can make money of the game

With all due respect, I have to disagree with this. I do not believe this to be a matter of censorship or AO ratings, this is just good old fashioned common sense. Like it or not, many folks are uneasy about nudity, for what ever reason, that is the reality of it. Some folks don't want their children to see full nudity on the screen while the parents play the game and many other reasons, and I can respect their feelings on the matter. If, Bethesda put full nudity in any of their games (or anyone else for that matter) they could loose a lot of sales because of it. Again, like it or not, that is the reality of it. I'm more concerned about Bethesda and how successful this game and others will be for them, as a business. For myself, I do not mind full nudity. I do not see this as an issue of censorship. Ultimately, it is up to Bethesda to make the final choice. Yes,...There is some nudity in Witcher (both 1 & 2), but it is very brief and not that much is shown, and it was done in a mature manner at that. I do hope (as I mentioned in a previous post) that we get realistic bodies and textures and a lot of choice on character customization.

Someone mentioned in a previous post that it is more important for Bethesda to focus on game content and structure and I agree with that. It won't be long before the 'nude' mods will start appearing and I can wait for that. I think that Witcher 2 has raised the bar considerably for games of this genre and I wish the folks at Bethesda the best of luck to match it or go beyond it. As for the nudity issue, I agree, many folks here in the good ol' U.S. have issues about it, and that will not go away. I was raised as a country boy and now, as an artist, have no issues with it. But I don't see the nudity issue going away any time soon, least of all here in the states. :tongue: Leave the full nudity thing to the talented folks out there who create mods. :thumbsup:

With all due respect, I have to disagree with this. I do not believe this to be a matter of censorship or AO ratings, this is just good old fashioned common sense. Like it or not, many folks are uneasy about nudity, for what ever reason, that is the reality of it. Some folks don't want their children to see full nudity on the screen while the parents play the game and many other reasons, and I can respect their feelings on the matter. If, Bethesda put full nudity in any of their games (or anyone else for that matter) they could loose a lot of sales because of it. Again, like it or not, that is the reality of it. I'm more concerned about Bethesda and how successful this game and others will be for them, as a business. For myself, I do not mind full nudity. I do not see this as an issue of censorship. Ultimately, it is up to Bethesda to make the final choice. Yes,...There is some nudity in Witcher (both 1 & 2), but it is very brief and not that much is shown, and it was done in a mature manner at that. I do hope (as I mentioned in a previous post) that we get realistic bodies and textures and a lot of choice on character customization.

Someone mentioned in a previous post that it is more important for Bethesda to focus on game content and structure and I agree with that. It won't be long before the 'nude' mods will start appearing and I can wait for that. I think that Witcher 2 has raised the bar considerably for games of this genre and I wish the folks at Bethesda the best of luck to match it or go beyond it. As for the nudity issue, I agree, many folks here in the good ol' U.S. have issues about it, and that will not go away. I was raised as a country boy and now, as an artist, have no issues with it. But I don't see the nudity issue going away any time soon, least of all here in the states. :tongue: Leave the full nudity thing to the talented folks out there who create mods. :thumbsup:

Miss understood my point a little .. I agree completely .. I am only saying that to the people who are worried about it making it into certain stores or fox news attacking it or parents protesting .. That should not be the concern of an artist .. Sales is a good point and even the conditions of the nudity .. it doesnt belong in skyrim "at launch" it should be a mod thing .. But we shouldn't cower in fear of parents who would rather protest than just keep there kids away from it or some extreme right wing view of it to be spun.. That is just giving in.