Top 5 Missed opportunities of the Commonwealth

Fatalmasterpiece

... Or even negotiating with a group that would normally just mindlessly attack a settlement to trade instead. ...

Like a better outcome to the quest from Bunker Hill where you just summarily execute the antagonists?

And why is there nothing actually intriguing in the Glowing Sea. There are a few quests that drive you into the area, but there is no real reason to explore once you are there. Just a couple collapsed buildings and a cave or two. The potential in this area is untapped.

I was expeting a full glowing sea DLC. Silly me.

Shhhh.... I'm working on it. I just do not know Bo about modding so am struggling. It may take me a while.

Hey, i'm also working on a glowing sea overhaul. I'm at the "having ideas" stage. Then i need to learn how to use the creation kit. lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You know what I really missed? The Enclave. :ninja:

Dont get me wrong, they shouldnt be a main faction or anything big, but some doubleagents or spys to keep tabs on the other factions would be nice. Just 2 or 3 missions to steal tech, kill some key personal or just sabotage someone to keep them from growing to powerfull.

Or even just an old facillity with some (F3) Power Armor and terminals with some backstory.

After all, the SS lived before the war, served in the US military an survied and nuclear war thanks to an (kinda malfunctioning) Vault experiment. Pretty sure (s)he would have a very strong opinion on whatever the Enclave/leftovers of the Gouverment is doing.

Having an Enclave view on the Institute would also be nice - I think their aims are similiar, but their methods are very different.

Edited by Stygs

Well, perhaps the original idea was to engineer synths to such a level that if the world ever settled back into a "normal" state, they could be used for various purposes in the newly stabilized world.

- Human Synths: Used for menial tasks, such as clean up and services (trade duties, stock management, cleaning crews and maybe construction work to an extent). Coursers could be re-purposed as a form of law enforcement to some degree.

Such a setup would allow for Humanity to refocus on organizing the rebuild of the world and dealing with the problems of the various wasteland states, and the dangers from the multitude of mutated flora and fauna. As well as super mutants and perhaps, even something to ensure that feral ghouls are no longer a threat.

- Animal Synths: Repopulate and re-establish the "old world" ecosystem. Use the synthetic animals to facilitate and continue the natural order in some form. Bringing back plant and animal life co-habitation and mutual existence to start a chain reaction of nature taking over the more dangerous and irradiated sections of the planet.

This is presuming that they create synthetic animals capable of reproduction and without the need for the (now as standard) artificial "synth components" fitted within their biological models to date.

-

If that was indeed the case, then it seems the cause has been forgotten over the course of the institutes lifetime, with the present upper body of the group resigning itself to a perpetual existence within their underground complex using their creations as short order slave labor and as a blunt instrument in resource and personnel gathering.