Top 5 Missed opportunities of the Commonwealth

Fatalmasterpiece

Besides the Minute Men, it feels like the endings to Fallout 4 could have happened without the Sole Survivor being there at all.

Other than being poorly done in terms of quests, how is that bad in anyway?

Because it is incredibly lazy story writing. One of the biggest complaints about FO4 in general is that your decisions do not have major consequences, at least not compared to other Fallout games in the past. If you've played FO3 or NV you can decide to destroy entire cities or alternatively save them from destruction. The fact that the endings to FO4 are so basic is tribute to the fact that your character's presence is often only token.

This is a great post, I,ve felt like theirs a huge hole in this game. it felt very watered down. Example the Boston Library has that great content on the console about the group trying to save all the data in the Boston Library and you go looking for the console with the compressed data and its not their, unless you no clip trough the wall to find the console and their it is. Also their were no quests to recover historical items Really it takes place in Boston the birth place of America

Because it is incredibly lazy story writing. One of the biggest complaints about FO4 in general is that your decisions do not have major consequences, at least not compared to other Fallout games in the past. If you've played FO3 or NV you can decide to destroy entire cities or alternatively save them from destruction. The fact that the endings to FO4 are so basic is tribute to the fact that your character's presence is often only token.

So you are not the hero that changed fate, how is that lazy writing?

Hmm one of top missed opportunities for me at least is character's knowledge or say internal database.

Sure such feature would need massive dialogue lines implement, but what I mean is....I learnt about the Quincy Massacre prior to actually meeting Preston and others from terminals in Quincy ruins, but unsuprisingly this internal knowledge was never brought up in dialogues with Preston. And that's just a tip on the iceberg. There are not many games where player can utilize various "intel" found throughout the game and it is simply cause the game expects us to follow the line and anything outside the box is something which isn't implemented. Also more terminal stories related content would be nice. There are such awesome stories hidden throughout the wasteland.

All of this just goes to show why they lost out on Game of the Year from many different media outlets, most notably the Video Game Awards. I really hope this is just a hiccup and things like future DLCs and future Bethesda/fallout titles return to the quality we're more used to

All of this just goes to show why they lost out on Game of the Year from many different media outlets, most notably the Video Game Awards. I really hope this is just a hiccup and things like future DLCs and future Bethesda/fallout titles return to the quality we're more used to

Because GOTY awards are always legit.

Recall oblivion and DA:I?

Sometimes, a games comes out and it legit that it will win like Tw3, in other times, sometimes it a joke.