Top 5 Missed opportunities of the Commonwealth

Fatalmasterpiece

I...think synths are following me, everywhere I go, well some places at least I give an hour or less, mostly once I finish exploring and take my leave, before they show up, just like in mayoral bunker.

Nah, that is a trigger.

Well you can always go to Shamrock Taphouse and keep Buddy for yourself, he tells jokes if you ask him and keeping him for yourself also provides bigger boost for Cait's affinity

That is not what they meant.

FO3 was filled with jokes, FNV did it better but FO4 has few of funny stuff. It kind of a fallout thing.

Edited by Boombro

I know:) Well last hilarious thing I found was chief scientist's terminal in Hallucigen.

Trigger huh? What would they want in the shelter anyway, there is nothing of interest mostly.

Fallout 4 needed to take itself less serious. F2 had a serious side which strongly touched on drugs, prostitution etc., but it also had a lot of dumb and goofy stuff put in. Nothing was too crazy to put in Fallout :smile:

But it has teddy bears all around!

Kidding, it needs some jokes here and there.

Dunno who's idea that was, but it was good.

Someone should do something about those crazy clapping ape toys, everytime I hear it I brace up and run cause I think it's a bomb heh

Someone should do something about those crazy clapping ape toys, everytime I hear it I brace up and run cause I think it's a bomb heh

Those were very smart if you ask me. I want to see more stuff like that.

You can stop them by attacking.

Other than a slight lack of epic or cinematic moments, I've also started noticing that many of the quests only have 2 options (well 3 if you count just killing everyone, I guess). New Vegas often had numerous outcomes to quests that could really allow you to make the world exactly what you wanted. (Slight Spoilers in the next few sentences) For example in the Covenant quest, your only options are to either condone torture or murder and entire town of people. I kept loading my auto save because I didn't think those were really only 2 options. I thought there definitely had to be some sort of other option, but sadly I was wrong

I don't want to see that.

Beth is not really good with quest chains, even obsidian did some oddly in FNV. Beth strength is so not chain questing but the other way around with providing alternatives in gameplay instead like USS and the first fusion core quest to unlock or hack the lock instead.

While it I get it you guys want some, but we either get badly done quest chains that may not be so different from each other after all or straight fun quests with other ways to solve in gameplay.

Expect of course, if beth proved me wrong in FH.

For example in the Covenant quest, your only options are to either condone torture or murder and entire town of people.

It a step up for them when you think about it, not everything is black and white and it just really bad in writing. There should be some losses here and there when you try to make a choice imo.

Edited by Boombro

One of the biggest missed opportunities would have been a 5th faction of Raiders, who create war camps at settlements instead, with a goal to dominate the commonwealth. Maybe it's lead by Jarrod at Corvega who places you as the leader after seeing a vision of the future with you beheading the Institute. Instead of recruiting "Settlers" you recruit raiders for your faction and can call upon them like the MM.

Raiders are in this game just like Bandits are in every other game. They exist to provide people for you to kill. Very rarely do they have any kind of story or depth . They're filler, which is fine by me. I would personally like to see them divert resources to something else entirely. The only change I would like to see to Raiders would be a system so that they don't always immediately attack everyone.

You show up in power armor with a heavily armed sentry bot by your side, and one single raider with a pipe pistol will try his hardest to kill you, even if he's completely by himself and you sniped the heads off of 15 of his buddies 5 minutes ago. They honestly behave more like creatures than people, even though they clearly are smart enough to speak, read and write (as evidenced throughout the game). Also, one giant faction of every raider doesn't make too much sense though honestly, and it goes against their purpose in their game.

Yeah that is a good point. I miss the previous fallout games where there were different kinds of "raiders" like the Khans, the Fiends etc. Even Skyrim wasn't as bad.

It would have made more sense for another group to fill the shoes of the "creature" meatbag, bullet sponge faceless enemy to shoot. Gunners just make. no. sense.

Gunners need an overhaul where they only attack if you're within 5 meters or something.