Survival mode disable mods?

birgirfg

If that were the case, they should fire their entire customer relations team today.

Not to go all Bruce Banner, but their secret is that they don't have a customer relations team. :tongue:

Most game devs do not, only EA and Ubisoft are big enough to afford to piss money away at common sense.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are aware that people are spazzing out, lol. For one, I tweeted, for two, their forums are covered in posts. Its all silly.

Yes, their forums are mainly filled with people that want survival mode to stay as it is, with people who want to have toggles on some and/or all features, and people who just want the wellness aspects of game. All parties are guilty of arguing in a circle with some people just throwing wood in the fire to keep the kerfuffle going. After a while someone decides he will step in and make peace between the groups, which fails very quickly and the same old same old arguments appear. At some point some of the topics went into the realm of metaphysics and made not damn sense.

Edited by Foky

I'd like to use mods with the new Survival and I'm certain that will happen and also that the features will eventually be toggleable even if Bethsada doesn't do it for us gamers.

Ya know, it's probably only during beta testing. While they work out the kinks. I can see disabling the console sticking, though it would suck to not use TCL to get out of stuck situations. But Mod blocking probably isn't going to be in it's final release, I mean they designed fallout 4 WITH the modding community in mind. It's not them just choosing to shaft the gaming community, it's requesting you use the base game as intend to help with bug reports, to produce a cleaner product. Mods and junk will just complicate that, and produce bugs that may not exist in the main game.

Ya know, it's probably only during beta testing. While they work out the kinks. I can see disabling the console sticking, though it would suck to not use TCL to get out of stuck situations. But Mod blocking probably isn't going to be in it's final release, I mean they designed fallout 4 WITH the modding community in mind. It's not them just choosing to shaft the gaming community, it's requesting you use the base game as intend to help with bug reports, to produce a cleaner product. Mods and junk will just complicate that, and produce bugs that may not exist in the main game.

I have a major complaint about losing the console, because I use a mod called "precise object moving and rotating" during building and I can't live without it. If I can't use the console during survival, that means the amount of building I do is going to be greatly reduced and that sucks. I'm sure there will be a mod work around, but it's a bummer.

@ Evil D

You can use Place Anywhere the SKSE version is 1.5 for Survival Beta.

Been doing so about 2 days after the Survival Beta Launch.....

This is not cheat engine thing its an actual SKSE pluggin and does not bugger with an ESP its ESP free.

• 4 weeks later...

I bringing this thread out of deep of oblivion, because i laugh in a face to all this people how said that mod disabling is ONLY for period of beta test. Well, 1.5 game version is released, and mods disabled. Congratulations everyone! All this shiny paladins of Bethesda, come here, ш want to here your holy preachings, lol. XD

Edited by Wenderer

Anyone else having problems with mods after patch? even when i try to select another difficulty than survival, i get CTD during loading screen :/

Just updated to live. All mods are checked, went to start my modded game and everything has gone, every single mod has been removed.

Even though they are all checked in NMM =/