GECK FOR FALLOUT 4

atm1089

"If or when"

WHEN. Not if... now we have people doubting that they are even releasing the GECK anymore? Jeez, lol. It *IS* coming, and looking like sooner rather than later, thankfully.

And as TeamBacon mentioned, itll take a bit for the really big mods to roll out. Some people may crank out short quests that are still fun to play, but its going to take awhile to do big addons.

The biggest *IF* in regards to the GECK (And it will very likely be called a GECK, Garden of Eden CREATION KIT just fits too perfect for a fallout-themed Creation Kit :) )is whether it will have any means to edit Havok-related files, such as creating custom collision and / or animations. I almost feel like the ability to make collision in some form is almost a necessity though, since not being able to make new collision will really hamper mods potential of doing the really cool things well.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

everybody knows realistically.. the CK is a GECK, therefore I call it both, since they are essentially the same thing, the "Creation Kit" looks f*#@ING EXACTLY LIKE THE "G.E.C.K." when opened up.. in this case, I will call it the CK, tomorrow? Maybe later tonight? Next week? I may call it the geck.. who cares.

The biggest *IF* in regards to the GECK (And it will very likely be called a GECK, Garden of Eden CREATION KIT just fits too perfect for a fallout-themed Creation Kit :smile: )is whether it will have any means to edit Havok-related files, such as creating custom collision and / or animations. I almost feel like the ability to make collision in some form is almost a necessity though, since not being able to make new collision will really hamper mods potential of doing the really cool things well.

Skyrim's CK had collision primitives, so that's probably going to be there. As for creating custom collision for the .nif files themselves, I'm almost 100% sure that it won't happen. We'll just have to hope someone reverse-engineers the Havok SDK :psyduck: