Ultimate Fallout 4 Mod Compilation [Neon Wasteland Edition]

Haoswidasee

Bathroom mirror and shower just added.

I kinda like the way the shower curtain turned out. :nuke:

Ok, nobody has done the cars yet. I'll start in on those.

I'll just keep dropping them into the neon version of the buildables. (easier for me)

Eventually, I'll just pack them all up into a standalone replacer.

If you plan on doing other stuff you should try your hand at a 2K or 4K retexture of the object first, and then add a glow-map on top of that so it all looks really nice in game. Just a suggestion is all, I will accept glow mods either way :D

heh. these are my first mods I'm doing publicly. Just trying to find the right spots in the files is tough enough. Doing a higher res, well....

I'll keep in in mind though.

(to be honest, adding the glowmaps really is kinda like homework. Read someone else's .dds file, figure out what actually is mapped where, and make changes.

oh, and like kindergarten, "stay inside the lines") :laugh:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bathroom mirror and shower just added.

I kinda like the way the shower curtain turned out. :nuke:

Ok, nobody has done the cars yet. I'll start in on those.

I'll just keep dropping them into the neon version of the buildables. (easier for me)

Eventually, I'll just pack them all up into a standalone replacer.

If you plan on doing other stuff you should try your hand at a 2K or 4K retexture of the object first, and then add a glow-map on top of that so it all looks really nice in game. Just a suggestion is all, I will accept glow mods either way :D

heh. these are my first mods I'm doing publicly. Just trying to find the right spots in the files is tough enough. Doing a higher res, well....

I'll keep in in mind though.

(to be honest, adding the glowmaps really is kinda like homework. Read someone else's .dds file, figure out what actually is mapped where, and make changes.

oh, and like kindergarten, "stay inside the lines") :laugh:

No big deal man. In the future someone will probably let you use already made high res textures, you might even be able to ask Jester or one of the mod authors who has put some out, and they might be ok with you using the textures to make a glowing version. Well worth asking, most authors are usually really nice about that kind of thing as long as you give them credit and check with them first :D

Just updated the mod. (fell behind on the weekend)

Apparently CK didn't pack the extra glowmaps in by default.

So, if you edit the .BGSM files to add a glowmap, the .BGSM gets packed, the glowmap does NOT.

Have to manually tell it to pack the files in. Who knew.

(I don't want to have lots of loose files all over, that just leads to conflicts down the road)

Oh, the towel rack glowmap IS going to change. I just stuffed it in there for now.

(trying to figure what part of that map is what....)

All the little bits in the bathroom? paper dispenser, racks, all one big file.

bleah. :tongue:

oookaaayyyyy.... CK is NOT putting all the extra goodies into the .ba2 files.

Just had to go add them manually with beths archive tool.

(remember, CK is still beta, so we're still figuring this all out. (least I am)

Edited by skubblebubble

Just updated the mod. (fell behind on the weekend)

Apparently CK didn't pack the extra glowmaps in by default.

So, if you edit the .BGSM files to add a glowmap, the .BGSM gets packed, the glowmap does NOT.

Have to manually tell it to pack the files in. Who knew.

(I don't want to have lots of loose files all over, that just leads to conflicts down the road)

Oh, the towel rack glowmap IS going to change. I just stuffed it in there for now.

(trying to figure what part of that map is what....)

All the little bits in the bathroom? paper dispenser, racks, all one big file.

bleah. :tongue:

Awesome, so is there an installer when you install now? Or is it a quick NMM install and it just installs. My next playthrough is scheduled for June 1st so that will be the next time I play Fallout 4 lol.