Changing Map Marker Names

Hi guys,

Would you happen to know how to change the text string that shows up on the map markers in the world map?

For example, if I wanted to change Sanctuary Hills to Autumn Hills, where would I go?

I have a feeling it's in "Worldspace" but nothing seems to be named correctly, it's all just the FORMIDs, so no idea how to find anything in there

If it's like Skyrim, the names are stored in the actual MapMarkers.

Any idea where they would be found in order to edit them? I can't see anything in FO4Edit...

Yeah good point my bad! Could a mod move this if they get the chance?

Any idea where they would be found in order to edit them? I can't see anything in FO4Edit...

MapMarkers are statics that are placed manually in the worldspace cells.

MapMarkers are statics that are placed manually in the worldspace cells.

Ah, got you! Interesting....never thought it would be done like that. Thanks for the help!

• 1 year later...

*threadcromancy*

Is there any known way of renaming a map marker via script? I tried F4SE's setName once, but that doesn't work. I think I tried setDescription, too. Via quest alias, maybe? Has anyone else ever tried doing this?

• 2 years later...

*threadcromancy*

Is there any known way of renaming a map marker via script? I tried F4SE's setName once, but that doesn't work. I think I tried setDescription, too. Via quest alias, maybe? Has anyone else ever tried doing this?

Doing it right now in Skyrim. None of the above works, SetName, SetDisplayName, etc, both via alias or objectreference :/ Have you found any solution?