No evil companions!

Lehcar

That's cos role playing has been removed from Fallout 4, and your character, no matter what its build, has essentially the same journey in the game. Look how almost every follower tediously says "drugs are bad for you, mmkay" like a bad South Park parody, for instance.

Look how SJWs just caused a harmless 'sexy' pose to be removed from the beta of Overwatch, for instance, to understand Beth's cynical thinking. 'Political Correctness' means forcing the player to follow the agenda of the game's designers.

The inability to (optionally) interact with the 'evil' factions of Fallout 4 is plain repugnant- but Beth is proud of this restriction.

That's cos role playing has been removed from Fallout 4, and your character, no matter what its build, has essentially the same journey in the game. Look how almost every follower tediously says "drugs are bad for you, mmkay" like a bad South Park parody, for instance.

Some followers are okay with that.

The inability to (optionally) interact with the 'evil' factions of Fallout 4 is plain repugnant- but Beth is proud of this restriction.

But you can join one or the BOS.

Some followers are okay with that.

But you can join one or the BOS.

I can't go 5 minutes without Hancock offering me drugs or Cait shooting up on something...

As far as evil goes, I think a lot of people have just become desensitized and unless you actually see someone murdering children or actively enslaving someone with chains and a whip it isn't evil...

Hancock is evil (controls Goodneighbor through threats of violence and manipulation), Strong is evil, the Institute are slavers who feel they have the right to take from anyone and everyone on the surface and also enslave their own children (The Synths). They are basically the worst kind of Raiders except they wear white so people don't see them for who they truly are.

The Brotherhood of Steel are basically Nazis fighting for their one pure race.

I think Fallout 4 is filled with more evil than any other Fallout game. It is just a different kind of evil, less Mad Max and more politically evil.

I think Fallout 4 is filled with more evil than any other Fallout game. It is just a different kind of evil, less Mad Max and more politically evil.

More like grey.

Imo it really good. I can join any faction and have a legit good or evil gameplay. Leader of the MM? I wish to control the wastes.

More like grey.

Imo it really good. I can join any faction and have a legit good or evil gameplay. Leader of the MM? I wish to control the wastes.

If that is what you consider grey, then I guess there is no such thing as evil.

Well, there are darker shades of grey.

So a bunch of people living underground deciding they can just come out of their hole and kidnap anyone they want because they believe that surface people are lesser human beings. Then take those men, women, and children underground to perform brutal experiments on them, turning children into super mutants and who knows what else. Then they build an entire race of almost humans so they can enslave them as well, because obviously enslaving other peoples children wasn't evil enough for them to get their kicks, so they enslave their own as well.

Then they proceed to kill off an entire town of innocent traders to get to a few escaped slaves, they commit the biggest terrorist attack since Megaton, they mercilessly wipe out every last member of their undercover secret enemies which is understandable but the level of brutality they showed while doing it was on par with any raiders.

The Institute are the worst kind of slavers and have no humanity in them at all. If you think they are anything short of pure evil then you have just become too desensitized from playing too many videogames with despicable villains and now only the most shocking things register as evil.

I wouldn't call Hancock a good guy. He murders a guy right in front of you the first time you meet him.

Murder requires there to be law.

Really? So you're saying if tomorrow there is no law saying that killing someone is murder, it's ok if I show up to your house and butcher your entire family? Just because there's no law saying it's "murder"?

Killing someone who isn't trying to kill you, is murder. It doesn't have to be against the law to change that. There's self defense, and then there's senseless murder.

Ok let me rephrase my first post:

I wouldn't call Hancock a good guy. He brutally stabbed a guy in the stomach until he was dead the first time you meet him.

He stabbed Finn in the stomach twice just for talking smack about Hancock getting soft. I don't care how the guy treats you as a companion. Put yourself in Finn's shoes. What if you're Finn's wife? Son or daughter? How exactly is what Hancock did to Finn any different than what Kellogg did to your wife/husband? It's exactly the same thing...senseless, cold hearted brutal murder. Just because the guy is nice to me doesn't mean he isn't a psychopath.

Well, that's most likely due to a beef. If he wouldn't show his teeth around Goodneighbour, he would end up with a knife in his guts as well.

Dude if having beef with someone is justification to kill them, then I would be surrounded by dead bodies 24/7 lol.

He killed Finn because Finn questioned his authority in front of others, so Hancock had to prove that he's a ruthless killer. Which, he is. I don't see how people miss how stabbing a guy to death doesn't make him evil?

Anyway, what this game really needs is a better version of the karma system, more like Knights of the Old Republic had, where you can develop your character to be good or evil and your followers can do the same. That would clear all of this up. I don't know why they got rid of karma anyway. Now nothing has consequences as long as nobody finds out. Oh you stole something? No biggie, nobody noticed. You murdered one of your settlers in cold blood? Oh it's cool nobody saw you do it. :dry: