Mesh Problem

I've made a new mesh in Blender, a large architectural piece. It seems fine in Blender, but when I export it to .nif it disappears in the CS and in game. Looks fine in NifSkope. It's double-sided (Too lazy to do the normals right now) and has no collision. It does have a UV and is textured with a temporary texture.

Here's the file if you want to try looking at it. I chopped off most of the mesh for the sake of file size, but it still displays the symptoms. http://www.mediafire.com/?jlu126u8djzobdu

Hope I just missed a button somewhere and it isn't completely messed up.

I've made a new mesh in Blender, a large architectural piece. It seems fine in Blender, but when I export it to .nif it disappears in the CS and in game. Looks fine in NifSkope. It's double-sided (Too lazy to do the normals right now) and has no collision. It does have a UV and is textured with a temporary texture.

Here's the file if you want to try looking at it. I chopped off most of the mesh for the sake of file size, but it still displays the symptoms. http://www.mediafire...jlu126u8djzobdu

Hope I just missed a button somewhere and it isn't completely messed up.

From What I see you have part of your mesh that is way down below the ground plane.

You also haven't any collision object yet.

EDIT: @collision you said so, sorry.

It's time for bed here so I'll have a look tomorrow if you want but here's a 3 seconds import export.

http://tesnexus.com/...le.php?id=34635

Check "cube" in optional files.

If you are making an exterior building... do actually take into account that it should extend into the landscape. So think deep foundation.

things below the landscape are fine

You should start with fixing your normals before exporting...

btw it doesn't look at all fine in my nifskope.

Edited by Ghogiel

If you are making an exterior building... do actually take into account that it should extend into the landscape. So think deep foundation.

things below the landscape are fine

You should start with fixing your normals before exporting...

btw it doesn't look at all fine in my nifskope.

Yeah after a night of sleep I figured it may be simply normals. If you want I can check it tonight but I'm using Max not Blender so I can't tell you how to check normals in Blender.

Zaldir: Yep.

The normals might well be the problem. I didn't adjust them because I was too lazy to do it all for a simple test.

Also, the piece is an interior (think dungeon), so exterior isn't a problem much.

The normals might well be the problem.

They are definitely a problem. You can just see it has flipped normals just in nifskope. It looks ghosty. Just turn off textures in the render menu. Then if you want to see what it should look like: rclick>mesh>flip normals.

Sorry, I forgot to explain that it's an interior. The inside of the mesh is all that matter, I left it double-sided for testing. The problem I need to solve is that it disappears when the player gets near in the CS and game.