Were these keywords always in fallout4.esm, or were they recently patched in?

JuJooGuppy

Double edit: I wasn't wrong, the keywords exists, too, I just linked the FLST.. the keywords are there too now. I am just all sorts of fail today.

While working on my mod, I noted some keywords that correspond to new workshop menu options that clearly arent current in game, and look to be part of the upcoming DLC.. so my question is, were these keywords in the original game, thus showing that the upcoming DLC content was either cut to sell later or cut due to deadlines?

WorkshopRecipeFilterResource02Power03NeonLights "Neon" [KYWD:00249E4D]

WorkshopRecipeFilterCages "Cages" [KYWD:00249E4E]

WorkshopMenu01Cages "Cages" [FLST:00249E4B]
WorkshopMenu01Power02NeonLights "Neon" [FLST:00249E4C]

If they were in the base game, then this content was clearly cut from the game for one reason or another.

Also of note, is that Automatron's content WAS cut from the game, or intended for the game originally and didn't make it in. Before the DLC even were announced, I had extracted all meshes from the game, and "Create-a-bot" is one of the folders where meshes are found. This also happens to be used by the Automatron DLC.

Anyway, this is purely curiosity. I am not accusing Bethesda of removing content to cash in (Though its certainly not impossible, either.). I am just curious how long those keywords were present.!

Edited by JuJooGuppy

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are stuff from DLC02, so it may have patched in the last patches.

Also of note, is that Automatron's content WAS cut from the game, or intended for the game originally and didn't make it in. Before the DLC even were announced, I had extracted all meshes from the game, and "Create-a-bot" is one of the folders where meshes are found. This also happens to be used by the Automatron DLC.

When was that? It could have also patched in via an update.

I am fairly certain the Automatron Create a bot folder wasn't added via patch, as I started tinkering with modding before the DLC's got announced even, and I extracted all the game assets pretty early on. Its not IMPOSSIBLE I am wrong, but I am pretty confident there.

ANd I realize the keywords reference stuff from the DLC02, that was my point, I was curious if they are there in the original game or if they got added in recently. Purely curiosity is all.

Part of the robot mod keywords were already ingame (you can see how the DLC overwrites some data). But Neon and Cages weren't there, they came later on, and they're specifically targeted and WW. Mods altering the vanilla menus will have to adapt..

Also, seems that they included a keyword limit fix too. I think the limit was increased to 65k. Gonna be fun to make patches :/

Neither do I. These kind of info comes up when talking to other mod makers :)

Someone asked, and they answered that the variable is now a 16-bit number. As far as I know, that's a max of 65535 or smth similar.