Can't Take Screenshots With MGE

Herculine

I'm playing Morrowind GOTY on Windows 7 with MGE v3.8.0.0 and FPS-opt v2.0 in order to play in fullscreen widescreen. Despite my .ini settings, I am unable to take screenshots; MGE will not allow me to tick the appropriate box on its GUI (it's "grayed out").

Does anyone know how to fix this?

I'm playing Morrowind GOTY on Windows 7 with MGE v3.8.0.0 and FPS-opt v2.0 in order to play in fullscreen widescreen. Despite my .ini settings, I am unable to take screenshots; MGE will not allow me to tick the appropriate box on its GUI (it's "grayed out").

Does anyone know how to fix this?

The print screen key on your key board should deposit a (*bmp) file in that games folder. If not, your system is compromised. That key should always work no matter what.

The print screen key on your key board should deposit a (*bmp) file in that games folder. If not, your system is compromised. That key should always work no matter what.

I could understand your saying that my system might be compromised if my "Print Screen" key would not copy an image of my active window or desktop to my clipboard, but that's not the function I'm referring to.

I'm talking about the game's ability to produce a screenshot when you modify the .ini file as such: "Screen Shot Enable=1".

Morrowind Graphics Extender is for some reason undoing that modification and not allowing me to tick the relevant box in its GUI. When I press the "Print Screen" button while playing a message comes up instructing me to make the change to the .ini, thus it's a vicious circle.

I'm just curious if anyone else has experienced this, heard of it or might know how to remedy it.

I didn't have this issue with an older version of MGE, so I'm guessing it must be something specific to version 3.8.0.0...

I could understand your saying that my system might be compromised if my "Print Screen" key would not copy an image of my active window or desktop to my clipboard, but that's not the function I'm referring to.

I'm talking about the game's ability to produce a screenshot when you modify the .ini file as such: "Screen Shot Enable=1".

Morrowind Graphics Extender is for some reason undoing that modification and not allowing me to tick the relevant box in its GUI. When I press the "Print Screen" button while playing a message comes up instructing me to make the change to the .ini, thus it's a vicious circle.

I'm just curious if anyone else has experienced this, heard of it or might know how to remedy it.

I didn't have this issue with an older version of MGE, so I'm guessing it must be something specific to version 3.8.0.0...

re-install the old version over top of the new version EXCEPT tell it NOT to overwrite Game meshes and textures, those you keep. If the problem now stops and your able to again obtain screen shots, Talk to MGE about what you did, he will know exactly whats doing it. Most likley, an *xml menu file is the cause.

re-install the old version over top of the new version EXCEPT tell it NOT to overwrite Game meshes and textures, those you keep. If the problem now stops and your able to again obtain screen shots, Talk to MGE about what you did, he will know exactly whats doing it. Most likley, an *xml menu file is the cause.

Overwriting any of those files with ones from an older version appears to invalidate game saves. It was a nice idea, though...

Perhaps in the morning I'll see about getting in contact with Timeslip...

Found a thread about it here. No idea if the suggestion works though.

http://forumplanet.g...90/20174620/p1/

Thanks for pointing me to that thread. Following their suggestion I've got it working now. When the screenshot is taken it still displays an error message, but the screenshot is taken nonetheless.

I can understand the problem; however, you must be able to do the following:

1. First: if you are able, disable ANY wide-screen graphics - I understand you wish to play thee game on wide-screen mode; just::remember that the game was NOT designed to do that.
  2. If I were you I would re-set the graphics card to accept 4:3 format.:

Remember that 4:3 was the original format for CD's DVD's and ALL computer games.

In actual fact there are not all that many games in wide-screen format., all I can suggest6 is that you look at your graphics card settings and adjust them to 4:3 setting.

Use FRAPS, I've never had issues using it for screenshots.

I use FRAPS so rarely that I didn't even know you could take screenshots with it; I thought it just did videos.

But it's working now anyway. Thanks!